I need some help with Garry's Mod...

I’m having some trouble with initially starting Garry’s Mod and I was referred here by a friend, so this is something of an introductory topic and a help topic rolled into one.

I just bought Garry’s Mod and at first whenever I ran it, it stated that only one steam application can be played at a time. I managed to get around that by opening my task manager and ending process on Game Overlay and hl2.exe. I have to turn off both in order to get the loading screen up. But now whenever I get to the loading screen, it closes and states hl2.exe has stopped working and crashes.

I bought Garry’s Mod bundled with Counterstrike if that helps at all, I also bought the Orange Box, and everything plays fine except Garry’s Mod…

Edit: Also I just realized that I probably should’ve posted this in Help and Support. Sorry about that…

That doesn’t work…if you end hl2.exe while gmod is starting up, then you’re basically closing the game. Garrysmod needs Game Overlay and hl2.exe to run in the first place. Make sure you’re not trying to run both CSS and Garrysmod at the same time.

And post your PC specs, around here that is the first thing people ask when you have a problem regarding games.

PC specs.

^he was right^