As always, it is hard to find decent mappers who can make atmospheric, playable maps. I need maps for my gamemode.
I have made 2 maps myself just because I figured i could use the practice, i think the maps turned out pretty good so i’ll share the VMFs with y’all to give you an idea of what kind of maps i need. Please don’t re-compile these or use them without my permission thx.
I also started work on another map but lost interest fairly quickly. It is free for anyone to use now.
More importantly, if you are a mapper and you have made dark, atmospheric indoors-type maps, i would like you to consider making a version of your map for my gamemode. It has been growing in popularity since some youtube personalities have started making videos of it in action. There are also a number of servers that are populated fairly constantly. I have posted about this before here and i think one person ended up making a map, so if i can get at least one more then i will be happy.
Here is the complete list of requirements:
- Indoors (or mostly indoors - lots of exposed skybox will ruin the atmosphere because the Stalker can jump fairly high so you don’t want him colliding with the sky)
- Ventilation ducts and other places that can’t be reached by normal players that the Stalker can leap to. You can get pretty creative with this.
- Areas with low (or no) lighting. Atmospheric and creepy is a plus.
- Physics props (the Stalker can possess props with telekinesis so your map needs to have some props. A mixture of breakable and non-breakable is good)
- 2 different spawn areas with enough spawn points for about 20 players (i suggest just using the CS:S spawn points).
- A ts_ prefix (optional but it’s nice to have maps made specifically for the gamemode).
If you have made an indoors map that has a somewhat creepy atmosphere then it will take very little effort to convert it to work with this gamemode. You can message me or post on the link to my gamemode page if you need clarification or some pointers.