vote or get sad

each have their advantages (well maybe not notepad but idk) and disadvantages

also ignore notepad++ @Trojaner is sending me death threats for adding it

3 Likes

Didn’t include Rider in the poll :pensive:

11 Likes

I wish there was a dislike button

8 Likes

My go-tos are VSCode and Visual Studio 2019. While vsc is nice, I do prefer the latter since Intellisense actually works. I don’t actually know what I’ll end up using though, maybe VSC plays nicer in the end.

3 Likes

i know notepad++ is bad lol, I just put it there because

nvm ignore notepad++

3 Likes

I use VSCode in any situation I can

4 Likes

Unless Garry comes and says “Yeah you’ll probably want to use X since that’s what we’re basing everything around” I’ll probably end up using visual studio since that’s what I’m familiar with C# wise.

Sublime is nice for glua and other languages where autocomplete isn’t that big of a necessity but I can’t see myself using it here.

6 Likes

vscode has decent intellisense now, and its much nicer than visual studio

3 Likes

Previously I had used Notepad++ for the minimalist editing, and Visual Studio for full projects, but VSCode finds itself right in the middle and I like it

3 Likes

Until now they always showed VSCode when it came to addon development related videos (e.g. hotreloading demo, console integration), so they already base everything around that

2 Likes

I thought they were just using visual studio, either way I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it I guess

2 Likes

Today I learned Notepad++ functions as an IDE aswell, can’t Imagine it’s as versatile or indepth as Visual Studio though

2 Likes

I’m used to developing with Visual Studio, but I won’t mind using VS Code if it’s better for S&box.

5 Likes

I chose notepad++, AMA

3 Likes
3 Likes

hm, well visual studio might support it as well but that does seem like an advantage of VSCode

2 Likes

vim

4 Likes

we’re getting close to 69 votes, nice

mainly a competition between vscode and visual studio but there are so other people

3 Likes

I’ll go with Atom probably. I might start with VSCode since it will likely to have the most support on day 1 but Atom always gets addons and stuff pretty quickly.

2 Likes

I’m concerned that the one’s I put in as jokes are getting votes

4 Likes