IDE choice

Until now they always showed VSCode when it came to addon development related videos (e.g. hotreloading demo, console integration), so they already base everything around that

2 Likes

I thought they were just using visual studio, either way I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it I guess

2 Likes

Today I learned Notepad++ functions as an IDE aswell, can’t Imagine it’s as versatile or indepth as Visual Studio though

2 Likes

I’m used to developing with Visual Studio, but I won’t mind using VS Code if it’s better for S&box.

5 Likes

I chose notepad++, AMA

3 Likes
3 Likes

hm, well visual studio might support it as well but that does seem like an advantage of VSCode

2 Likes

vim

4 Likes

we’re getting close to 69 votes, nice

mainly a competition between vscode and visual studio but there are so other people

3 Likes

I’ll go with Atom probably. I might start with VSCode since it will likely to have the most support on day 1 but Atom always gets addons and stuff pretty quickly.

2 Likes

I’m concerned that the one’s I put in as jokes are getting votes

4 Likes

Rider’s my goto IDE for C# and C++

4 Likes

Should’ve included WordPad :rofl:.
In all seriousness I imagine VS and VS Code are going to be the go-to’s.
Atm, I develop C# for Rust in VS.

1 Like

vim

1 Like

VS Code has always been my go to so I will probably end up using that for Sandbox as well

Lmao the 4 people who develop on Notepad. VS Code is the way to go. People will end up making S&Box plugins for the editor.

1 Like

They’ve got to be joking.

I used to roll with Sublime text back in GMod. But I really like VSCode now. I’ve been using it for Unity, and I hope to still be using it when S&box comes out.

1 Like

ok

Probably Visual Studio, I already use it on a daily basis for C++ dev in my own work.

May also install the intellij resharper plugin, I already use their C++ plugin (It’s free for people with academic email addresses).

(I still use np++ for python and general text editing though, reluctant to install an electron app for text editing…)