Idea for weapons and fair extended game play!!

i wrote this as a reply in a thread but then i realized could probably be a thread on its own.

Now what i think about the weapons,
I think we at some point we all want M4’s and C4, the modern weapons but
The Blueprints should be very rare and guns shouldnt be found in zombies and boxes at all,
Blueprints should be found and once used should take a long time to have the item in your craft list
Lets say, get the M4 blueprint, but the learning process should take 2 weeks in real time, and cost lot more, C4 could be 3 weeks time,
and no use of research kit, you might make a item and give to a team mate but he wont be able to make it
Take would extend the evolution time and make players stick to the same server.
Give me your opinion.

I don’t understand the learning process part… right click > study > stand there for 2 weeks? A bit confusing… I agree that they should be very difficult to get/learn.

No, you right click > study > and move on playing your game, 2 weeks later (real time) the item would be in your crafting list and you could make the item. But no research kits available for you to share the knowledge with everyone in in you team in such a easy way!

yes i like but the game are in early acsess, take it easy boy

I know its just alfa.
And im not here saying its a great idea and IT SHOULD BE DONE! :slight_smile: Its just a idea!
But i think it could be applied soon or later and be a improvement.
I have everything and a huge metal house and now what? get it? :slight_smile:

Shut up Pirate Motherf**ker

What was that for?

I agree that the end game weps should be harder to get but by making them harder to get we risk making the gap between rich and poor even more stark since those that have will be able to control others even more…

That 2 week real time idea ain’t the best buddy, I don’t have a different idea other than no guns and its all just cave man stuff… But we all no doubt wanna shoot :slight_smile:

O, maybe no silencers and the zombies (or whatever) get attracted to the noise in a herd to discourage their use

2 Weeks to get the best equipment (M4) (longer for C4) in the game?
Doesnt seem to be that much, a 9mm could take 6 hours and a P250 8 hours.
In practice would make things very valuable if you cant make them, you might get it from someone, given or taken, but you cant still make it whenever you want,
Lets say that, you found a 9mmm pistol, not from a blueprint, you just have it, could take you 15 hours to workit out how its made instead of the 6 hours with the easier explanation in the blueprint.

…the entire point of Early Access is for the devs to receive feedback and suggestions from the players. Which is precisely what Sharpbullet is doing: giving feedback/suggesting a feature.

I have another thread with another idea! Have a look! Thanks
Acording to someone that called me a idiot (this immature people!) its not even in the right section!

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1353363

• I agree with the general idea that power weapons should be harder to get (or not exsist lol)
  • I’m not quite sure if your suggested time delay method accomplishes that, or if it does, in a good way.
  • I think the overall goal should be to shrink the power band a little (lethality difference between new player vs. end game weapons) and introduce more risk for the KoSer

Please don’t make Rust’s crafting system like a backwards implementation of the worst time sink elements of EVE Online.

The modern weapons are mostly placeholders. The weapon selection will be completely rebalanced in the future.

I was just thinking this… Sounded just like EVE.

Okay - so people can’t craft M4s on day 1, but on day 30, you’re all back to square one with everyone complaining that everyone has weapons.

I do think they should keep M4’s and stuff like that.

On the other hand it’s also fun to pewpew with your bow…

If you ask me, they should remove research kits, that you MUST KEEP ON searching for your stuff.
If makes everything way more valuable.

“Oh i got killed”
" I’ll just make a new kevlar set"

That’s my thoughts atleast.

If you want rare military weapons play on a server that does that.

Like mine.

just looking for a bit more feedback and helping the game

maybe a bit more feedback? :slight_smile:

2 weeks?
Srsly?
I understand the point you want m4 and c4 much rarer but 2 weeks?

Not written in stone, a idea that can be adapted but shouldnt be much less then that.
To extend the gameplay its not that much, 3 months ive been playing and the m4 been with me from the very begining, a few times a went to a rad town and came back with a m4 and about 40 556 ammo.

from a post a few replies down:

2 Weeks to get the best equipment (M4) (longer for C4) in the game?
Doesnt seem to be that much, a 9mm could take 6 hours and a P250 8 hours.
In practice would make things very valuable if you cant make them, you might get it from someone, given or taken, but you cant still make it whenever you want,
Lets say that, you found a 9mmm pistol, not from a blueprint, you just have it, could take you 15 hours to workit out how its made instead of the 6 hours with the easier explanation in the blueprint.