idk

im having truble with my addons i extract them to my addons folder my maps to my maps folder and all the files were they need to go i’ve downloaded the newest phx +advanced duplicator and i am still cant use my sweps vehicles and tools wtf is wrong?

Well first up, NEVER download PHX from garrysmod.org

Second, if the .zip file you downloaded contains a single folder with the name of the addon, and inside it there are subfolders of “models”, “materials”, “lua”, etc. and a text file called “info.txt”, place the entire contents of the .zip file in your addons folder.

If the .zip file just contains the sub-folders like “models” or “materials” or whatever, merge those folders with their counterparts in steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod.

For maps, some come in addon format with the info.txt, so follow the above step for them. Otherwise, place the .bsp for the map file in your maps folder.

I’ll leave some space below for Divran to post a link to his SVN tutorial, which you will need to download PHX properly:

wen i looked at the faq and followed the svn link and downloaded the tourtise thing it said that tht the file i just downloaded didnt exist even though i downloaded something so how duz it not exist if its taking up my memory i hav no idea. and installing things i hav no idea wats wrong there either the readme file or the description of the download didnt tel me how to install right so i will go bak and reinstall my downloads

I would be careful since all your threads have a un-descriptive name so you might be banned for that.
Usually you put addons into your steam/steamapps/<steam name>/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons

can i download adv dupe from gmod.org

You need to start learning how to spell correctly with a good usage of grammar. I cannot understand what you’re posting, at all.

Here is the link to Divran’s SVN tutorial. It’s descriptive and easy to understand. And by the way, never download Wiremod, PHX, Advanced Duplicator, GCombat, etc. from garrysmod.org. They’re most likely broken, outdated, and a pack from an old revision.

ty and by the way its IM language its not supposed to be good grammar

This isn’t instant messaging. If you’re not going to bother fixing your grammar and spelling mistakes, then we can’t read it, therefore, you won’t receive any help. Sorry, but it’s how it is.

Like the other guy said this isn’t instant messaging this isn’t a blog this is a forum use proper grammar and spelling.

I’ll post it instead.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324

Oh i’m sorry i didn’t realize this was English class.Am i going to have to use accent marks to make it look like i’m typing in a British accent too?

[editline]05:09PM[/editline]

How come all the vehicles i download and install doesn’t show up in my spawnlist?

Well since you tried anyways they’re either outdated, your not looking in the right list, you installed them wrong again

Some model addons don’t have spawnlists. You just have to find the models in the browse tab.

Oh, and:

:crossarms:

is Scars a model pak or drivable cars?

Both I think.

when i do the If the .zip file just contains the sub-folders like “models” or “materials” or whatever, merge those folders with their counterparts in steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod. when i past it asks me to copy it in a say some thngs will be replaced so do I do it

Look at the filename and click yes if it doesn’t seem important