If gmod tower was open source?

Before I start I just want to clarify that in no means I ever want to see GMT become open source.

What do you guys think if one day GMT became open source. What do you think would happen to the GMOD community. I personally think it would become a gamemode as saturated as DarkRP with a bunch of servers with tags such as Custom Hats!|Modded Arcade Maxhines|50mil gmc start!|

God forbid if this was to ever happen… lol

IMO, not really. Because kids wont be able to pay for servers to run a gamemode like that.

I dunno, I think there could be some upsides to the huge list of negatives

Gmod Tower is hosted in America, as far as I know, so players from the UK and Europe could benefit from it becoming open source. Stuff like Minigolf only has 16 slots, with two servers, which can leave players waiting quite a while

You could probably pull it off with a 8 core vps to be honest.

I kinda like it private. I don’t wanna log on someday and see three thousand Gmod Towers.

they should just release minigolf as a standalone thing so millions of people can host it and i can finally play it all day and maybe people will actually make new maps for it

And Ultimate Chimera Hunt. It’s glorious.

It is OpenSource.
http://ultimatechimerahunt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
But it haven’t been update since 2010 and uses Fretta. So it needs a bit more polish to be ready for Gmod 13.

The updated version is on Workshop. It’s pretty fun.

I don’t think it should become open source. It’s well managed at the moment and nice being under one system (in regards to coins and everything), but one thing I couldn’t agree more on is EU servers.

You never know, even though you need like 7 server for each individual gamemode, but shit…