Today i tried to make a playermodel.
And i wanted ikchains because without them revolver reload animation is broken af
But every time i put ikchains in the qc
The legs were twisted 70.7 degrees to the left. on the hips.
And then i tried doing different things like:
- twist the legs -70.7 degrees left in blender (did not work)
- disable the hands ikchains (results in crash)
- disable all ikchains and re-enable them (yup, it didn’t do shit)
- set all values to 0.000 (instead of 0.707) (yep, they were STILL at 70.7 degress) ($ikchain rfoot ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Foot knee 0.000 0.000 0.000)
- remove bodygroups
- reinstall crowbar
- reinstall gmod
- reinstall windows
- purge hard drive
- compile with source sdk 2013 (no difference here)
- compile with sfm (didnt even work, just crashed)
- compile with tf2 (same as sdk)
- use another working model’s qc
- use a qc of earlier (working) version of the model with ikchains (yes they fucked up for no reason after i did not touch them) (only modified some finger bones because they weren’t straight)
- write a new qc
- steal a qc off the workshop
- use kleiner’s qc
- hiring 2 employees who also tried numerous things
- 41 other things or the same things repeated that i don’t remember anymore
and then after 65 compilations, 10 hours, a kick from TFA’s Discord, a bluescreen, and a 4chan thread
i came here.
hoping that somebody would finally help me.
TL;DR: Why do ikchains make legs twist left?
P.S.: and after the 66th compilation the right hand went left as well (i’ve just rewritten the qc line)
EDIT: some screenshots:
(User was banned for this post ("Wrong Section - try the modeling section next time" - Kiwi))