I'm having custom font problems :(

How can I get custom fonts to… work? Right now they will only work if they are installed on the client’s computer. I am using resource.AddFile() and the .otf and .ttf files are downloading to the resource/fonts/ folder. I am using surface.CreateFont() and it works will any fonts that are installed on the computer, but not the ones downloaded from the server.

Some pictures:

Here’s what it looks like:

Here’s what it’s MEANT to look like:

I’m really frustrated here, and anything that leads to a solution is appreciated.

Make sure you’re using the font’s actual name, not the filename?

Post your createfont table?

New discovery : The font works for some people who don’t have the font installed, however I still have the problem and the font is not installed on my machine. Weird huh?

if CLIENT then 

include( "shared.lua" ) 

standardFont = "Bebas Neue"

surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_Smalltext", { font = standardFont, size = 18, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_Smooth", { font = standardFont, size = 22, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_Smooth2", { font = standardFont, size = 26, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Trebuchet22", { font = standardFont, size = 22, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Trebuchet24", { font = standardFont, size = 24, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_SmoothMed", { font = standardFont, size = 28, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_SmoothBig", { font = standardFont, size = 30, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_BebasBig", { font = standardFont, size = 38, weight = 300, antialias = true } )
	surface.CreateFont( "Deathrun_BebasBig2", { font = standardFont, size = 84, weight = 300, antialias = true } )

surface.CreateFont( "HUDFont",
                                        { size    = 34,
                                        weight    = 30,
                                        antialias = true,
                                        shadow    = false,
                                        font      = standardFont
                                })

end