I'm having problems adding addons to my dedicated server.

Alright, so I’ve been out of the server-handling biz for a while but I decided to start another Garry’s Mod server the other night. I’m pretty sure I’m doing everything right but I’m having a problem adding certain addons to my server. I installed the dedicated server on a VPS running Ubuntu and it works just fine, but addons won’t work unless they’re workshop addons.

So, for example, if I add ULX/ULib addons to my server in the form of folders, they won’t actually run on my server until I add them to a workshop collection and then add the collection to my server (via server startup commandline). This creates a problem when I add something that’s not on the workshop that I want to run server-side only, such as my own personal chat tag addon I don’t want to put on the workshop. I’m pretty sure the last time I checked that addons weren’t required to be on the workshop to run on a server, but like I stated before, I haven’t done this in a while. Has anything changed? To specify further, none of these addons I’m attempting to add have downloads, so no need for FastDL.

If not, I’m kind of lost as to what to do. They’re in my addons folder but they just won’t run when I start the server. Am I missing a step or something? It’s been so long since I’ve run a gmod server. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you post the file structure tree of your addons folder?

/home/steam/gmodds/garrysmod/addons is the directory I’m using.

Addons folder is filled with each specific addon containing the proper lua folder and its contained files, e.g. /home/steam/gmodds/garrysmod/addons/ULX/lua/ulx/modules/cl/xgui_client.lua

Like I said, ULX works but only when I add it to my workshop collection for the server.

Change the folder to all lower-case. Linux is case-sensitive.

Love it, man. Thanks, it worked. I’m not too familiar with Linux yet :pudge: