Im plannin to make Gmod videos , What are the "ERRORS TO ABSOLUTLY AVOID" ?

I want to make funny gmod videos like Dasboshit or all the others , so , for my FIRST video , please tell me the errors and crap things to avoid , and the the Video editing thing that you advice to meh. ( I usualy use Sony Vegas )

You can aslo post advices !

Thanks !

PS : Sorry for the grammar errors , im french and studdy English in school , lawlz.
PS2 : I will avoid Grammar errors in the videos , so don’t worry XD

Avoid using fucked up gman faces and flailing ragdoll characters. But the biggest mistake you can maje is not being funny.

Edit

Nevermind, you think boschitt is funny. Don’t bother.

Dasboshit “IS KNOWN AS” funny video maker.

I wasnt saying that 100% of his videos was fun.

cl_drawhud 0 turns off basic HUD, like Health and ammo. That’s the only machinima command I know.

And Ghostwork, don’t be a troll. Srsly.

So you honestly think that boschitt is funny?

He’s bad enough.

We don’t need another wannabe him around.

I dont want to be like him , just want make videos.

When u do politic , does it’s for wannabe like obama ? No.

Way to assume Ghost.
Anyway, you should probably avoid completely unfunny things like annoying voices and random things happening, it should have at least some intellectualism in it. Maybe try some tricks out with the ragdolls ect and just don’t end up like the stupid “Random things in gmod” video creators.

Avoid memes. i.e. weegee, sparta, over 9000, etc

That was an excellent analogy, I accept that.

It’s just that you used boschitt’s name, I thought you were going to take after him like the forty thousand other people.

And another question- Are you going to be making something that is a series of short skits each punctuated by a burst of static?

Hide the HUD. Especially death messages and unfreeze notifications.

Watch DasBoSchitt’s April Fools video. It has loads of (intentional) mistakes for you to learn from.

Maybe , because i dont have a genius idea for do something else , this works perfectly. But I’ve seen this “Over 9000” times , and im sure that im not the only one…

Use source recorder. Don’t know how? Google a tutorial.

fraps.com” is he most annoying thing ever.

And yeah, as above, dumb flailing ragdolls and stupid contextless faceposes are just that - stupid and dumb

:frog:

Anyways, try avoiding memes/overdone stuff, be creative and original, and don’t forget to actually be funny.

All the stuff in this thread is good. Yeah, just be original. Maybe you’ll come up with something that EVERY FUCKING PERSON will copy, like Dr. Hax. CURSE YOU DASBOSCHITT FOR UNLEASHING THIS UPON THE WORLD!

So i have to…

-Hide the HUD ( Death notifications , Health , Suit , Ammo , All the other notifications like microphone ,or unfreeze AND HIDE PHYSIC TOOL BEAM )

-Avoid OVERUSED memes and things , like Rick roll , Big random gman faces , Weegee , THIS IS SPARTAAAA , OWER 9000… ( Trolololo is totaly new , should i use it in the video ? )

-Avoid Random story without plot , “like gman watch tv , change channel and TV EXPLOD OLOL”

-Avoid random explosions

-Use Source recorder

-Try to invent a character that will be your “HERO” , Like the Combine guy and DR.HAXXX for dasboshit , or JOHN FREEMEN in djy1337 ones.

Thanks !

But , if you have more advices , or a good video editing device , post them :smiley:

Don’t talk on the microphone if your voice is lagging. In fact, if you really have to talk just edit in the voice.

Don’t try to be funny, normaly if you try to be funny you will not, don’t worry, an idea will come always.

Yep, that looks about right. Also, Catmull-Rom cameras really help out.

[editline]03:38PM[/editline]

Also, make yourself offline in Steam friends so you don’t get any notifications from that.

Wow , Theses cameras look awesome , thanks !

"So now i have to…

-Hide the HUD ( Death notifications , Health , Suit , Ammo , All the other notifications like microphone ,or unfreeze AND HIDE PHYSIC TOOL BEAM )

-Avoid OVERUSED memes and things , like Rick roll , Big random gman faces , Weegee , THIS IS SPARTAAAA , OWER 9000… ( Trolololo is totaly new , should i use it in the video ? )

-Avoid Random story without plot , “like gman watch tv , change channel and TV EXPLOD OLOL”

-Avoid random explosions

-Use Source recorder

-Try to invent a character that will be your “HERO” , Like the Combine guy and DR.HAXXX for dasboshit , or JOHN FREEMEN in djy1337 ones.

• Use theses cameras

• Turn OFFLINE to avoid Friends notifications to fuck up everything lol."

• Be sure that the zone where the scene take place is free from any Sprays , building , mingebags , regulars players…

-Choose music that will be related , don’t put heavy metal when showing a pyro finding a hat on the floor.

-Your film must look pro , so dont use “Winshit movies makarz pro editionzs” ( Windows movie maker )

-Short intro , or people will be bored before the film begin , like in theater in real life , with all the fckings ads.

Any other advices people ?

Also:
-Make make sure there are no sprays around
-Make sure there aren’t any random contraptions just sitting there
-Play on a singleplayer server, or a passworded multiplayer server
-Avoid players being in the shot unless needed
-More when I get back from dinner