Implement Archive to threads

I would suggest either implementing a warning or preferably an auto-lock feature which locks a thread if it wasn’t been active for x months(unless it has been marked with something like a project tag(since project threads should be revivable). There has been way too many necroposts lately.

Necroposts are much better than a ton of duplicated topics. I don’t see why topics should be fragmented just because it wasn’t brought up in a while

1 Like

There are lots of replies on posts which are highly irrelevant since they were from months back, they simply don’t really matter anymore. I agree that necroposts are better than duplicate topics, but there needs to be a balance. Needs to be some sort of archive feature(kinda like reddit).

1 Like

i do kinda agree
but lets say i had to go away for a few months and couldn’t talk on here (wouldn’t happen but lets say it did) to do something and my models thread got locked, i wouldn’t like to have to create a duplicate thread to post in it again.
but at the same time, it can be annoying seeing an old thread back at the top because someone replied
“nice!”

what a pickle, hmmm

This is why I mentioned adding a whitelist on certain tags. If you add a “project” tag to the forums, posts that are marked with that tag wouldn’t get archived.

1 Like

bump

Even an option to manually archive/lock your own threads would be nice

1 Like