Import maps/models with texture

Alright one more thing ^^ since the last time with the Half Life Alix maps, when I imported models/worlds of my own I had to import every single texture as well as, and when I have a big map this really tool some time, even when I embedded the textured in my FBX models I still had to import the textures separate, would it be possible to have models and maps be imported with textures on if its already embedded in FBX files?

I’m sure this will be made faster and easier in the future. It would already be possible at the moment by making a tool addon, as far as I know.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, its good to see there’s going to be a lot of improvements, I’m pretty excited ^^ though, I don’t think source filmmaker has been touched on much, well talked about much in S&box, I hope there’s improvements there too, I use that a lot

1 Like

I don’t think it will be possible to even have models come with textures applied. The engine needs to position everything within it’s own shaders which is unique to each engine.

The best you could do is have a tool that detects the 4 texture maps and automatically combines it into a vmat for you to save you some clicks, I haven’t seen one yet though.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind, either was the new features seem cool!

1 Like