Importing Half Life 2 Assets into CS:GO

Hi all,

I’m trying to import Half Life 2 assets into CS:GO. Used GCFScape to extract content and put it into CS:GO’s directories.

In game and in the editor though, they are either black or a really shiny, reflectivee material.

Any ideas?

Well it worked like year ago, but now after Wildfire update… maybe materials need new shader or something.

I can get torrent file for you. but it include hl2 + episodic + dod + css + tf2 content for csgo. if you needed, tell me about it.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Warez" - Bradyns))

(User was banned for this post ("Warez" - Bradyns))

The HL2 assets work fine for me in CS:GO, maybe you’re doing it wrong.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/547556146964222782/651902E2ED15A14E1F69D7566DF2C89FF67338AB/

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong then, I’m extracting the contents of Half Life 2’s materials and models folders to CSGO’s

are you extracting everything in hl2_misc_dir.vpk and hl2_textures_dir.vpk ? Materials are actually stored with the models in hl2_misc_dir.vpk while the textures are in hl2_textures_dir.vpk

That would explain why! It was so simple, I must be retarded.

It’s not you, it’s Valve who split textures and materials into different vpk and don’t even name vpk “materials” but “misc” instead. When I first found this I made gigantic facepalm and yelled ‘WHY’ for 3 hours.