In-Game intuitive Config

• Permissions to different groups.
  • Blacklist with multiple options and permissions for Props, vehicles and entities included the npcs.
  • Modify Height Model(Usefull for events).
  • Invisible, No Sound, and Godmode.
  • Real time.
  • Calendar.
  • Notes.
  • Weather.
  • Day and night options.
  • Auto-Spawn NPCs with multiple options to choose the NPC(Custom too) and select the spawn points.
  • Respawn Time for users and NPCs.
  • Tab that you can choose a file of S&box dedicated server to configure directly.
  • Save spawns for different jobs.
  • Password to close the server without restart.
  • Choose map with announcer cooldown.
  • MOTD Config and upload a custom MOTD.

All in a tool that can access with F1 like my favourite game Rust.

I read this in XQC’s voice 4 MONITORS, GAMING PC, 6 CPU, CAT CAM.

5 Likes

Not sure if this will be something that will be released along-side s&box, but I hope people will make something similar to this.

2 Likes

What… what is this even suppose to be? Some weird admin panel or something?

If so, then why you need these there?

3 Likes

Maybe for server auto-events christmas or halloween, I guess

2 Likes

Sounds great. Now code it.

3 Likes

This doesn’t make sense.

Let me describe this using another game, Minecraft, as an example (I think this one will be perfect for you).

Mojang, please add an intuitive config to the game with the following options:

• Maximum ComputerCraft computers per player
  • Nuclear reactor cooldown duration
  • AK-47 clip size and RPM
  • Magic wand weight
  • Audi A8 speed
  • Thomas The Tank Engine eyes size
  • …etc.

Even though the listed things can exist in the game if there are corresponding mods installed, Minecraft itself is just a skeleton that mods are installed on and Mojang as a company has nothing to do with neither those mods nor their configuration.

Replace Minecraft with S&Box and Mojang with Facepunch and that’s basically what you’re asking for.

6 Likes

I´m pretty sure but I prefer that facepunch team make this because they search forever the performance.

2 Likes

You know it.

2 Likes

almost every developer is trying to get the best performance possible

facepunch should focus on important core details, not for stuff everyone could add after 30 minutes of release to kickstart rp servers with no effort

4 Likes

At most FP can develop a base RP gamemode and then those could make sense (some of them), but they won’t be adding this on the core of the game or even on the sandbox gamemode I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Well for me, I assuming what he’s asking for is a server management stuff, it makes sense.

1 Like

This is all stuff that can just be done in the gamemode, I don’t see why we need garry to bake it into s&box, it’s a waste of time…

This isn’t gmod, some gamemodes won’t even have servers, this stuff is useless to them.

6 Likes

True, that said it would be great if we could get some simple server management tools for making our lives easier, especially when you just want to make a small server to mess around with your friends.

2 Likes

Don’t worry someone will create it when S&Box release.

4 Likes

Guys can you make it easier for me to make rust with mods, bake this useless shit into the game for me thanks much love

3 Likes