Infinite LUA crash

So I just updated Gmod today after having not played it since thursday of last week (When everything worked) and I load into a TTT server that I’d played on for months and suddenly my screen is filled with this error

[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global ‘ValidEntity’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)

It forced my HUD invisible and made it so I couldn’t access any weapons or commands. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and even did a hard uninstall by manually deleting all the files in my garrysmod folder to start with a blank slate. I still get this error. Is anyone else getting this problem? How is it still calling a nil value to something that isn’t even there

I got this same lua error after updating just 5 minutes ago and joining the popular Jo’s Minigames.

Thank you for posting. This means it’s a problem with the update, not our configurations.

Pretty sure all three of my servers are running fine. I’ll double check now.

Confirmed - all three of my servers are fine. You’ve done something wrong.

Does it to me to, I cant open anything and my Gamemodes folder is completely empty except for the gamemodes text file.

Its not us, I was playing fine when I got home from school, then I noticed garrys mod installed it self again because I got the steam pop up saying “Garrys mod has finished installing” and when I went into a TTT game it spammed those errors.

It’s also happening to me.

Me too. I also get
[gamemodes\base\gamemode\animations.lua:171] attempt to call global ‘IsValid’ (a nil value)(Hook: CalcMainActivity)

It starts to acid trip after a few minutes for me.

My problems:
http://mrdaft.pastebin.com/5jWebx6S

And for the hell of it a photo:

Your graphics card looks fried to me. :v:

Nope. Brand new GTX465. I just ran HL2 with no problems.

And other people were complaining about it on the server too.

does this help your problem?

Not really. It doesn’t solve the issue.

Can Garry Newman not update fucking gmod ever agian. Every fucking update breaks my Gmod. FUCK YOU GARRY NEWMAN!!


(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - SteveUK))

Well, TTT is fucked.

You should be permabanned for that you fucking moron.
Garry improves the mod in ways you can’t understand logically go google what logic means you fucking 10 year old fuck.


(User was banned for this post ("Replying to troll" - SteveUK))


[gamemodes\base\gamemode\cl_init.lua:447] attempt to call global 'ValidEntity' (a nil value)(Hook: CalcView)

For whatever reason ValidEntity was not defined client side. Re-defining ValidEntity should solve the problem. This is a quick fix, not a solution.



// cl_ValidEntity.lua
// redefines ValidEntity

function ValidEntity( object )
	if (!object) then return false end
	return object:IsValid()
end

this should be placed in /lua/autorun/client

Clients should be able to put this in the autorun folder for it to work on any non Script Enforcer servers.

Buggzie idk what the fuck your talking about. His updates don’t solve problems they just make more

My Server’s TTT is working fine…

I advice those server owner’s that have no done this yet too do it.

Restart it.

I had this error on my server and after restarting it seemed to stop, I do not know if this will work for you all or if it will not. It’s worked for some but not for other’s.

Another thing you can try is forcing a steam update on the server, or if your running from your home PC a consistency check and defrag.

These are just some of the thing’s I have heard about that have worked for some.