Information for People who lost access

Hey, maybe you are affected by the “Purge” of the Dev Preview.

Before you start asking or complaining please read this:

(Please note that i have no internal knowledge, this is based on public chatting on the discord)

Because a lot of people where inactive (and most didnt even started the game once after getting it) Garry decided to revoke access to everyone who didn’t have started the game once in the last few weeks (playtime may even count into it as some people lost access while played it once in that timeframe of 100 days garry mentioned in the queue chat)

Its understandable that you are unhappy about loosing access to the Dev-Preview but please be aware that you got access to create stuff in the first place, not for beeing inactive.

Please note that getting dev-preview access is a Perk and can be revoked anytime.
Some people do not understand this fact and think they are entitled to get a freebie but in fact this freebie is for people who create stuff, not people who wanna fill their steam list.

People who do nothing with the Dev-Preview they got access to aren’t usefull for Garry, if you dont wanna loose access (in case this happens more often now) you should start doing stuff and play arround. If you dont have time to do that why even bother getting access.

Even i have not that much time and i still play arround a little with the code to be ready later.

Please do not open threads on the forum just because you lost access and please also dont annoy garry or anyone else because of this.
You had the chance. Now someone else got that chance.

Some Context:

(And yes, if someone lost access because of this someone else in the queue got it for that)

13 Likes

Some people lost access but didn’t even know they had it. They joined the queue weeks ago and since they never received a notification saying that S&Box had been added to the library… it’s obvious they never launched it. I can totally understand some people’s disappointment.

8 Likes

Damn, and here I thought the queue system change was the only change…

1 Like

Understandable.

I would still argue that it isnt an excuse because steam is (from what i know) showing new games at the top.
They would also have checked on the Dev-page if they got it more than once per 2 weeks if they where really interested into this imo.

5 Likes

I didn’t even know I gotten into it, everytime I tried to log in it didn’t even work.
Should of atleast sent emails out saying you got it. I got about 500 games in my steam list, I’m not gonna notice A new game in my list unless i actually bought it.

1 Like

Not up to facepunch to tell you, seems like you didn’t care enough

1 Like

I didn’t even know I gotten into it, everytime I tried to log in it didn’t even work.

1 Like

if you never got it how did you lost it tho

1 Like

Logged into steam
said i lost access to game i never even notice i had, or knew i gotten

1 Like

I lost access even though the last time I was practicing Source 2 mapping was on October 4th which wasn’t that long ago. Kinda disappointed because I was actually interested in making content, just didn’t have time to be a full-time dev.

1 Like

Did you had an Organisation on the dev website?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

also any published work in that organisation?

1 Like

I hadn’t published but I don’t think I was supposed to push out basically “hello world” content just to keep access. As I said, I was just learning the ropes of Source 2 Hammer, I have many hundreds of hours in Source 1 Hammer.

1 Like

i just asked because that could also count into the chance of getting revoked i guess

2 Likes

I had just received access to it on october 13. I hadn’t even had a chance to try it out.

Let’s just hope it won’t block me from getting to it later. For now, the queue won’t accept me:

4 Likes

My s&box key was revoked but I do not meet the criteria. I have almost 100 hours played, I’ve started the game multiple times this week. I’m actively developing content for this game, within the last few days even. What gives?

4 Likes

The second image in your post there isn’t accurate by any measure.

2 Likes

There are probably more factors counting into that than just the days since you last played it which garry probably wont tell.

1 Like

Just saying, I did a fair bit of helping someone in much less than 100 days ago. No, I haven’t opened the game since I started work again, though. Not trying to raise a fuss, just saying the “100 days” is an entirely inaccurate thing. Especially for anyone else reading this, like the guy who said he doesn’t meet the criteria.

4 Likes