Inofficial servers destroying game experience ...

I was playing this game so much in closed alpha and it was fun to come online and play every day with and against the same community which was like a hundred people on 1 server…

In my opinion, non official server destroy the game experience for the following reasons:

• If you find a server with 50 people online it´s already callled a “big server”… groups are leaving and sometimes joining but you do not really get strong competition like it was back in the closed alpha days…

• Admin abuse- you start playing on a server and put a lot of your time and effort on building something up and then a admin plays on the server as well and… “Ohhh you killed him twice–> Bann” or he just spawns inn a shit ton of C4 to raid your base because you killed him a couple of times …or what so ever… admin abuse is a big topic and it simply destroys the game experience for me and a lot of other people who I know…

• A lot of people talking about that they are hyped bexcause of H1Z1 …and a lot of people saying that there will be only official server and it will be a hughe MMO…like hundreds of people on the same server… I totally feel the same… Imagine RUST with only official server and about 200 people playing on it constantly… and that “constantly” means that they do not get banned because of some bullshit and they basically join the same server every day when they play…so you know who you are facing and with whom you are allied and stuff like that…

• When I was going hunting on the closed alpha server , I found so many people to shoot… and today when I go out hunting I have to SEARCH and SEARCH and… SEARCH for some action…

All in all, the non official server are bad for the game, like if you feel the same and leave your comment

With the current map and limited resources, Rust would be unplayable with only official servers, unless you like dodgeball. But this is a survival game.

There are plenty of community servers that have honest admins that spend their time getting rid of hackers and keeping the server running smoothly, don’t instantly assume that they’re all assholes out to screw people over.

If there was only an official server there would be more than 200 people playing… there’d be more like 20000 (during peak times). That’s simply too many people, at least for my tastes.

If you don’t like the smaller community servers then don’t play there. I don’t see why it has to be a problem for everyone else just because you don’t like it. There are still official servers for you to [attempt to] play on.

So go play on an official server that doesn’t have any admins and hackers are everywhere. We run community ones so you have a safe place to play if you want to.