Interesting Site for Map Ideas

Hello,

I’m a big Garry’s Mod fan and a fan of the mappers on Facepunch. I thought I’d post this site I’ve known about for a while:

This is the Library of Congress American Memory collection. Part of the collection is the Historic American Building and Landscape Survey’s which records historic structures in all 50 states as well as territories.
The site lists buildings by state or subject. 90% of the entries have pictures and quite a few have the plans/drawings of the structure. The appear to be adding to it quite often so some stuff hasn’t been digitized.
I felt that a lot of good ideas for maps could be gained from this site.

I hope this helps

Bsimon

awesome find man!

Few little things.

First off, don’t sign your posts, wo can see your profile.
Secondly, we have various threads already up for this kind of thing.

Interesting find though.

I’m just used to signing my posts its what I was taught to do.
Second, any suggestions on where i should post this info for optimal viewing???

We don’t sign our names here, it isn’t necessary.

Post reference image links here for now:
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/602159/16

If you have trouble adapting to the forum, it’s best that you just lurk around for a while, get a accustomed to how other people are posting. It’s always better than posting something and receiving a bad reaction 60% of the time.

Does it really bother you that much if he signs his name? I don’t think he should be called out on such a stupid little thing.

Matt2468rv

Actually I have seen people get banned for signing their posts, we can see your username, you don’t need to sign.

¨

You can be banned for mostly anything.

Anyways nice find

Yes, it does bother people. It’s annoying, time wasting, and pointless. People don’t do it here, so you don’t do it. End of. Also, why have you gone and just done exactly what people have just said shouldn’t be done? Are you retarded?

Same thing with big ass titles.

Live with it, or get out the mapping section.

Not only mapping section ya know.

And huggable melons…

What, no one else wants to hug that huggable melon?

Hug me<3

It’s the only section I really post in. - Might get you a nice title: “I Love Huge Titles” and put it at maximum size. Just for you.

i’m a huggable melon…

but anyways inpiring place.

NOT as huggable as me.

Please do<3

Alright, just need to save up $10.

I’ve done it for you :wink:

What did you set it as?