Interior model lighting

I’ve noticed there’s some weird behaviour when a prop has an interior with lighting. When it’s set to RENDERMODE_OPAQUE things inside render fine, but sometimes the lighting of the entity itself will just stop working, whereas RENDERMODE_BOTH doesn’t render transparent entities properly sometimes but the lighting of the prop is consistent. However, the lighting is only consistent when there is another entity in the view, else it goes dark again. I have no idea what is happening and it’s fairly hard to describe - so I hope this video helps.

Is there any way to fix this behaviour?

If this happens when the entity it’s out of the view, maybe you could try changing the render bounds
Maybe this could help

It happens at random eye angles, whether or not i’m looking at the origin or not. The thing I said about out of view is another entity, say if I spawned an entity while it was RENDERMODE_BOTH the lighting on the room would fix, but as soon as the entity I spawned is out of the players view it goes dark again.

Thinking about it, this is probably a Z draw order issue, but is there a solution?

how many lights do you have?

There’s one dynamic light inside at the center, but it makes no difference if it’s there or not, inc. flashlight, lamps, lights, etc