Introducing GmodFiles!

After seeing quite a few people complaining that GarrysMod.org wouldn’t host their files, I decided to set up GmodFiles, a site dedicated to offering authors an extra mirror for their work.

What is GmodFiles?

GmodFiles is a free file hosting site with the average Lua coder in mind.

What can I upload?

GmodFiles allows the following extentions: lua, zip, rar, tar (including it’s compressed forms), 7z, txt, ace, mdl, vtf, vmt, vmf and bsp. Extra extentions can be allowed at a later time :slight_smile:

Are there any restrictions?

Max Filesize is 18MB. If it’s illegal in Germany, it’s illegal on GmodFiles. GMF isn’t the place to host screenshots of your files, which is why the standard image formats are disallowed.

Are there any requirements?

Yes. Please make sure stuff you upload is to do with Garry’s Mod. We’ll be checking every file uploaded, and deleting non-Gmod based content. Anyone found uploading illegal or private content will be perma-ip banned from the whole webserver. Serious offences will get you reported to your ISP.

What’s the point? Garrysmod.org works fine for me.

GmodFiles is supposed to be an addition to Garrysmod.org, not a replacement. Anything uploaded to GMF will not be deleted unless it is pointless, or has illegal content. The more mirrors a file has, the easier it is for people to get your work!

Anything else?

Not really. I’ll be asking some people if they would like to help out with things such as file moderation, but I think things are set up :slight_smile:

Take a look at:

www.gmodfiles.co.uk

If anyone has constructive suggestions or complaints, feel free to get in contact with me.

The website design isn’t gmod-esque enough… But hopefully it works good.

(I have nothing to upload to try it out)

Edit: The SEnt that’s hosted on there looks pretty sweet though… I might have to get that.

I agree, but for now, I’m looking at functionality, rather than look.

The theme is mostly CSS based, so if anyone wants a go, they’re free to try :slight_smile:

It does look good, and if I need to host something I’ll use this and try it out. :slight_smile:

Nice service, thanks!

Removed

There’s like, 3 people in the world that can’t use garrysmod.org.

Read the FAQ again.

GmodFiles is an addition to Garrysmod.org. I’m not aiming to cloud garrysmod.org in any way, so you should think before you post.

I’m not saying you’re aiming to cloud garrysmod.org.

If this starts getting used a lot, you better expect to be paying truckloads for bandwidth and space.

Primas if you didn’t count me with the 3 that couldn’t use garrysmod.org, then there is 4 if not 3.

I counted you.

Adverts!

But I see what you mean, and I’m hoping it won’t come to that.

I got all excited thinking you made it. :frowning:

I can’t do PHP and HTML for shit. Unless you want a go?

I can provide filehosting for this, I have a 206 GB server with over 2.2 TB of bandwidth.

I uploaded my gay SWEP.

I find garrysmod.org kinda messy … Thank you so much :smiley:

Fantastic.

Guys, the thing has been down for ages. This thread should be locked if you ask me.