Inventory drop spot

I think we should have a specific place to drag and drop items in order to actually drop them out of our inventory. I say this because it can be frustrating when you’re trying to move resources around (say to and from a furnace) and you drop them because you missed tr right square.

Yeah, ditto. This is only a minor annoyance to be sure, but sometimes you just drag it a pixel out of place and boom – gotta stop what you’re doing and hunt around in the grass to find it.

On my computer the inventory interface lags bad, worse than anything else in Rust. It used to take me 4 or 5 attempts to drag and drop an item to my inventory. It only works if I do it super-slowly, and then wait a second before releasing the mouse button. Now with the new drag-drop, 80% of the time I drop the item I’m trying to move. Very frustrating! I think until the inventory screen gets a bit more responsive and less laggy, this drag-drop ability is more harm than good.

I think they just need to pad around the Inventory and Loot slots so even if you drag a couple pixels out of the box it doesnt drop stuff on the ground. I have this issue all the time when i am quickly dragging stuff around and i dont notice it dropped on the ground till its to late and i have lost that item.

That’s really all that needs to be done. Give it a couple pixels and continue to improve performance and it won’t be an issue anymore.

Devs should run the game with old computers imho…
the game shows so many bugs in low specs… this drag drop new addition is killing the game for me… I used to be a housewife due to my low FPS, now i cant even do that since i keep dropping stuff on the ground all the time…

phenom2 x6 1090T, radeon hd 6970, 8GB ram…
game runs like complete shiet… im at 8-12 fps at my house, and every time someone shots a ak-47 the game just stops for like 20 sec for some unknown reason

I have a very similar setup, but usually run it at around 20-30 fps. I’ve also never experienced the lag from weapons fire. I have had a few brief 2-4 second pause when switching items, but that’s it. Have you turned down/off some of the graphics options?

Oh, I also run at a lower resolution, usually 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080.

Agreed. This would fix things right up. Right now you have to be completely precise when dropping stuff in inventory. A slight buffer around the inventory slots would fix that.

I don’t agree at all with having a special spot to drop items onto. That’s pretty much the same as using the drop button that’s already there.