Invisible View Models

For some reason, ever since the latest gmod update, people who connect to my server, including myself, are not able to see the weapons that they are holding. Is there any reasoning behind this? Any Fix? Thanks

[editline]10th March 2015[/editline]

Players are able to see weapon world models on other people

have you tried updating fastdl?
– Edit
First off is your server “self hosted” or hosted by a well, a host

Updating fast dl as in? The downloads are working fine I believe. Hosted by nfo

1. Does this happen for every weapon or just specific ones?
  2. Do you use any custom weapons?
  3. If above is yes, are you having problems with the vanilla weapons?

All weapons, i’m running the darkrp gamemode. This is happening even with both the physics gun and gravity gun.

nfo and other server host have a Fast Downloads Sync, any custom content will be added to fastdl and players download on join but yeah as r0uge said

if its only custom weapons fastdl may be the case but if its vanilla then it could be a corrupt file?

I use FA:S and some others.

are there any errors when you start up the server in the server side console?

It is really weird because doing record stop, then stop in console fixes it. But, new players will see the weapons not working and quit.

you could make it so when a player joins it automatically does that, but that would be a fix that isnt the best way

You didn’t actually answer my question - I can’t really help without knowing more details

Yes, vanilla ones aren’t working properly either.

if it became such a big problem you could always use this code as i said that automatically does record then stop

function GM:PlayerSpawn(ply)
ply:ConCommand("record","FixForWeapons")
ply:ConCommand("stop")	
end

but that would be something you would want to try and avoid but yolo

How would I do that? Could be a temporary fix, I guess.

Also, the only errors that really stood out were these.

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/base/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/dof_node/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/entity_remove/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/inflator_magic/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/lasertracer/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/selection_indicator/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/selection_ring/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

L 03/10/2015 - 13:03:51: Lua Error: [AddCSLuaFile] Couldn’t find ‘effects/wheel_indicator/init.lua’ (<nowhere>)

when did this start, did you install any addon to make this happen? and code is my post before

This started happening after the latest update. :o Also, where do I put that code?

If the problem is with the viewmodels then these errors are unrelated.

in darkrp > gamemodes > cl.init.lua

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. No idea where the view models went wrong.

Try diagnosing the source of the problem - if you have any weapons that ARE working for you, try changing their viewmodel in the shared.lua file to one of the weapons that isn’t working and see if it becomes invisible.