is it me or does the installing of wiremod not work? (Wont show)

So while playing GMOD i wanted to install wiremod since it was not installed so i did,but when it was finished installing it wouldnt show in the game like the right hand bar in the q menu. I’m pretty sure i did everything correctly since for the SVN Checkout you just needed to put in the trunk thing from github and in the addons folder and your done but its just not working for me

Mmm, to install Wiremod I’m pretty sure you need to put the folders in their respective folders (i.e. lua goes into lua, materials into materials.) The Wiremod website is down, otherwise I would give you the guide to do it.

Wrong. You just need to restart Garry’s Mod.

[editline]3rd July 2013[/editline]

The Guide: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Awww.wiremod.com%2Fforum%2Finstallation-malfunctions-support%2F6349-super-easy-wire-download.html&oq=cache%3Awww.wiremod.com%2Fforum%2Finstallation-malfunctions-support%2F6349-super-easy-wire-download.html&aqs=chrome.0.57j58.2505j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ive tried doing that before no luck and the problem is that ive installed wiremod before so i dont know why it isnt working

Are you installing in steamapps\username\garrysmod, or steamapps\common\garrysmod? You need to install in steamapps\common\garrysmod.

Wow ive never knew about the Common file having Gmod TY let me see if it works

[editline]4th July 2013[/editline]

Thanks Ott it now works :slight_smile: