Is it possible to give the world model of a gun special effects? (smoke, fire, glowing, etc.) for TTT

As the title says, I would like to know if it’s possible to make it so that a weapon on the ground ‘glows’. Say I have a ‘cursed’ weapon, like a ‘Unholy M16’ that would glow white when dropped on the ground. Is it possible? Keep in mind, I know jack shit about lua.

Yes

How would I go about doing it?

You would have to create a particle emitter and attach it to the bone inside http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/WEAPON/ViewModelDrawn

Altho, I am not sure why people are rating me ‘dumb’.

Yea… the only thing I know how to do in lua is adjust damage settings for guns… lol

So as I thought, this is another thread where the author asks for free code without offering anything in return.

Hey, if you give me the basis, I can figure out the rest with google. I’m not retarded, just ‘untaught’.

I already gave you the basis, google how to make a particle emitter and how to attach it to a bone, what else do you need?

Patience?

Alright, good luck then.

Thanks for your… erm… help.

[editline]18th September 2014[/editline]

Hey quick question, why won’t this work? It’s placed in lua/autorun. It says it failed to precache unknown particle system “Fire_01”. But Fire_01 is in the particles folder.
[lua]
hook.Add( “PreDrawHalos”, “AddHalos”, function()
for _, ent in pairs( ents.FindByClass( “weapon_ttt_m4a1pyro” ) ) do
effects.halo.Add( {ent}, Color( 255, 0, 0 ), 1, 1, 2 )
if CLIENT then
ParticleEffectAttach(“Fire_01”,PATTACH_ABSORIGIN_FOLLOW,ents,0)
end
end
end )
[/lua]