Is it possible to show recordings of how someone killed you?

Do you know if it is possible to play a video that shows how someone killed you right after you die. Basically how call of duty does it. I was thinking about using sourcetv to do it but I do not know if this is possible.

I don’t think it’s possible.

-snip-

That’s not what he’s asking…

I’m not entirely sure but maybe you could set up a screen grab function? It isn’t a video however but maybe you could make something of it

You could do something like having the client record the positions of every player and their weapon every tick, you only need to store this for just a bit longer than your kill-cam time. Then to draw the killcam stop drawing everything that isn’t a weapon or player and just draw your fake player and their weapon, but you’d have to do some hacky shit with their weapon for this to work obviously.
The obvious bugs involved would have something to do with the player in the killcam starting out of PVS, if this happens I guess you either shorten the killcam to when they exist or don’t play it at all. Also some props or doors might be in the wrong spot.

I’m pretty sure I played on some Murder server that hand an end round cam.