Is S&Box more destinated to KIDS?

The modelling of characters are really what a typical kid game would have.
Why don’t they make it a bit more close to reality instead of characters that look like disproportionate sausages?
Why does the main character look like a cancerous man and why they got such big heads and unrealistic facial features(eye, eyebrows, nose, month)? I think something a bit realistic and proportionnate like Zelda models would do the job.
Is S&Box a mix of GMOD and Roblox? I think lot of roblox players like my 8 year old bro will migrate in this game :skull:

3 Likes

As opposed to the more realistic approach of not having them?

There used to be a debate about this long ago, where the OP actually provided insightful commentary, unlike you.
You should check it out:

Note that this was with the Old Terry Model, that was scary and still had no facial emotions, so they did have a reason to be worried.

1 Like

The sausage man fits good design fundamentals, It’s unique and has a recognizable Silhouette.

It’s easy to slander the sausage because he’s different, but let m remind you of some Multi-Million dollar platforms.

• unreal Engine = literally a basic human shape
  • Unity Engine = a worse looking basic human shape
  • Minecraft = a block man
  • Roblox = originally a block man but now a smoother block man.
  • Fortnite / Core = A human shape with thicc thighs

None of these are original but they perform just fine, people will adapt to what they are given.

The first thing people usually do when something different appears is to reject it. In the end, Sausage man is just a representation of a placeholder for your game, There’s nothing stopping anyone from having their own custom player design with it’s own clothing, of course you will have to do the heavy lifting yourself in the design department. S&box’s success won’t come from sausage man or any design, it will come from the playability and enjoyment of the games.

2 Likes

AAA most famous photorealistic playermodels from the biggest games and engines in the world only for manly grown ups.

2 Likes

If that is how you read everything then frankly, you will have to get used to it, also YES, this is a game a bit more like Roblox than Gmod. If you have a problem with that then this game is really not for you, this is for people who want an excellent platform to create and easily play games, with Gmod Like addons not currently a high priority. This game is not Gmod 2, it takes what Garry liked from Gmod, cuts out what he hated or found frustrating, and then doubles down on the creation aspect, creating something more like Roblox Source 2.

If you cannot handle the character design on the main menu and include it with the game and the fact that it is closer to Roblox than GMod, I suspect you further shut your ears and go back to Gmod and pretend this game does not exist, because it is not for you and never will be quite frankly.

2 Likes