Is there a team addon?

Hello der,

I am currently trying to host a lil DM on my server, and i was wondering if there was a Team mod that would allow me to assign people to teams. I just want to be able to disable and enable friendly fire, and perhaps set player models so we can distinguish eachother from each team. I would like it to be based around sandbox, if it is a gamemode.

Thanks for all the help,

King John.

Try asking for someone to code you up something in the Lua Requests section.
I tried looking on Garrysmod.org, but didn’t find anything for you.

Try Uteam for ULX

UTeam.
:ninja:'d

Oh, I’m currently using Assmod. I know ULX is an admin tool, but will UTeam work without ULX, And with Assmod?

In my opinion ULX is way better then ASS mod, but you can have both and just disable the ulx stuff if you really like ASS.

LOL, that didn’t sound right.

I think ULX is better too, but i keep getting wierd LUA errors with it. It is also more unorganized. It wouldn’t let me change server settings like noclip, pvp, global godmode. You know, that stuff. It would just spam errors when i would try. Also assmod has tons of good addons.

[editline]03:16PM[/editline]

UTeam is based around ranks, not manually setting people to teams.

Making teams in lua is really easy… One of the first things I learned.

Example file. (Shared lua file)

team.SetUp( 1, "Team Number One", Color( 255, 0, 0, 255) )
team.SetUp( 2, "Team Number Two", Color( 0, 255, 0, 255) )
team.SetUp( 3, "Team Number Three", Color( 0, 0, 255, 255) )
if (SERVER) {
	local function Teams( ply )
		if ( *** condition here *** ) then
			ply:SetTeam(1)
		elseif ( *** other conditions *** ) then
			ply:SetTeam(2)
		else 
			ply:SetTeam(3)
		end
	end
	hook.Add( "PlayerInitialSpawn", "Teams", Teams )
end

The syntax is

team.SetUp( TeamNumber number, TeamName string, TeamColor color )

Oh, thanks. How to assign players to separate teams?

Friendly Fire?

EDIT: I don’t know much about this. You guys seem to know a lot about lua, so could u make me a lil script? Just Teams Red and Blue, red forces XXX player model. Blue forces player model to *** model. You spawn with red as the initial team.
Thanks,

King John.

If you look at my example code you can clearly see it says “ply:SetTeam(Nr)” <:|

[editline]10:48PM[/editline]

I don’t know enough lua to write that right now without opening Gmod, like I do with Expression 2 :slight_smile: . I’d need to do some testing and stuff… But if someone else answers before me, then good.

Alright, well, thanks for considering. If anyone wants to take this little project up, lemme know.