is this enough for playing rust?

Hello, i recently bought Day-Z but somehow it was to slow.
Now i want to buy rust, but i want to make sure my pc can handle it or else it’s a waste of money:

Asus desktop Pc CM6630 series
intel R Core TM i3-3220 CPU @3.30GHz 3.30GHz
6GB RAM
64-bits, x64-processor

thx

What kind of vid graphics card do you have?

6GB RAM will not hack it i feel you could do with 8GB but it may depend what OS your using if it will support 8GB RAM

i have NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Nope

Here are the minimum requirements for the game according to Steam:
Processor: 2 ghz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 8 GB available space

Edit: You may be able to get away with using a bit less ram as long as you have a popper x64 OS, and tweak settings on shadows and textures. But considering the game is in Early Access, and is not completely optimized you are running into a risk with your 6GB there. Most servers have a rather large map, so that Ram requirement is there for a reason. Also, laptops are usually need slightly better hardware than desktops.

sorry if it is a weird question but what is OS? and yes i have almost all settings on low etc

Operating System (windows 7, 8, 10 etc.). If you aren’t sure one of the fastest ways to find out which version you have is to right click on My Computer and go to Properties. The system Information window will give you the Operating System version (7, 8, 10 etc.) and whether it’s 64-bit or 32-bit.

Edit: Alternatively you can go through the Control Panel > System (under System and Security if in Category view)

Edit 2: Just realized my instructions are for Windows 7/8, if it doesn’t work you can also go here for more info: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

That vid card is ok, assuming you have 2gigs on it. However, the 6GB ram is a problem, you will def have to run the game on the lowest settings, unless you can upgrade the ram.

how much is it to upgrade the ram?

**Disclaimer: **Before i talk about pricing, I can’t help but say it again, a 32bit operating system will not be able to take advantage of more than 4BG of RAM, that’s why Rust REQUIRES 64bit Windows.

You can:

1. Most retailers like BestBuy have component services that range around US $35-40 for labor on top of the price of the purchased components ($40-50 in store). This is the route to take if you are unsure of your skills and ability to research (since you asking about it here rather than Googling, I am going to recommend this path).

2. Get 8GB for $30-50 online or $40-50 in a store. If you do your own installation it’s not too difficult to do since modern computers are practically large Lego sets. There are YouTube videos showing how, but you need to take some precautions to protect the computer components against static electricity (ground yourself to the case, touch something metal before you start, stay away from cats and carpets). You also need to know what kind of RAM your motherboard can use (slot type, maximum speed rating, etc). Check your motherboard maker forums for that info. Always be gentle with placing components (never force it in the wrong slot, that may damage the motherboard)

3. You can also use a private computer repair shop or look on craigslist for some kid in his garage. Prices vary but are usually around $60-70 for hardware plus installation. Most people I know who went the kid-in-the-garage route for phone and tablet screen replacements had surprisingly good experiences.

Ram is simple to install, watch a few youtubes and you will get it easy

I’m running Win7 64 on a Intel duo 2.5 with 8gb DDR2 and a 2gb nVidia geforce 720.

I can tell you that most of my performance comes from my video card but even still I can only handle rust on minimum settings. Enough to experience the game and have fun but I’d like to get a better mobo and CPU.

I’d say you’re best to get a video card, 2gb or better, fill as much RAM as you can and upgrade your OS. You should get half decent performance I’d wager.

Please, give a link for minimum requirements for the game according to Steam

on the steam page, where you bought rust?

look for the bit that says system requirements…