Issues with sound.PlayFile and IGmodAudio in general.

Hey, A friend approached me earlier today as he’s trying to make a map replicate of a TV game show in Hammer, but can’t do things such as pause/resume sounds. He told me it should be possible using Lua scripts, if I could take a look for him.
I popped open a guide on LUA on the GMod Wiki as I’d never touched it before about 2 hours ago (Although I do know a fair amount of Python) and took a look.

I fiddled for a bit got my bearings and this worked to create a hook to play a sound when the button was pressed:

local function finalchase(ply, ent)
		if ent:GetName() == "FinalChaseTest" then
			sound.Play("chase/finalchase.wav", Vector(0,0,0), 180, 100, 1)
		end
	end

hook.Add( "PlayerUse", "FinalChaseTest", finalchase )

This worked all good however after researching how to pause/resume I realised I needed to use sound.PlayFile/sound.PlayURL in order to utilise the IGmodAudio Functions.
so I came up with this:

local function finalchase(ply, ent)
		if ent:GetName() == "FinalChaseTest" then
			sound.PlayFile("chase/finalchase.wav", "", function( station )
				if ( IsValid( station ) ) then station:Play() end
			end)
        hook.Add( "PlayerUse", "FinalChaseTest", finalchase )

However I get the Error:

[ERROR] addons/mapcontent/lua/test.lua:6: attempt to call field 'PlayFile' (a nil value)
  1. v - addons/mapcontent/lua/test.lua:6
   2. unknown - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84

This leads me to believe that sound.PlayFile Doesn’t actually exist? However it is fully documented on the wiki?
Can someone shed some light on this?

These are clientside, you can’t use them on the server side. You could get some trouble using it with self looping *.wav files.

So correct me if i’m wrong but what you’re saying is that I cannot Pause/Resume music using IGmodAudio functions unless it’s played client side. Which would mean that if new Players joined and had missed the audio trigger they wouldn’t hear the music, thus rendering the last 2 hours of my life meaningless ^.^