Items already downloaded: Where are they ?

Okay, hi there. So this question MIGHT look really dumb, but i’ve searched and didn’t find yet.

So let’s say, I download whichever weapon from the toybox. It means that I actually get files from internet right, not only temporary files ? So, is there any way I could reuse that weapon later, whithout having to go on the ToyBox again ? Is there anywhere I could find it ?

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question.

Yeah, go into your addons folder and there should be something called toybox. That’s where all of the cache information is stored. You can’t put it in GMod itself, though, as the info is stored in some sort of .gcf file.

Oh okay right. So right now, there is absolutely no way to access toy box items without going on the toybox… Any idea about if this could be added in the future?

I thought the info was stored on the ToyBox website?
Go to comments and there’s a tab with the code for it.

Yes, it is, but you must download the content first. That content is in the cache folder. It’s “locked” to prevent stealing or re-uploading.

[editline]7th January 2011[/editline]

So yeah, there’s no way to access ToyBox stuff without actually going to ToyBox. That reminds me, there should be a “clear cache” option.

Meh. Okay, thanks for the info.

>>as the info is stored in some sort of .gcf file
Those GCFs are just renamed Luas.

>>That content is in the cache folder. It’s “locked” to prevent stealing or re-uploading.
It is stored in addons oybox.

>>there’s no way to access ToyBox stuff without actually going to ToyBox.
Luas are in “toybox” folder, models, sounds and materials are in “addons oybox” folder.

No, they are not Lua files. They are GAME CACHE FILES (GCF), and even though I have a GCF opener, I can’t get into it. So, no, you can’t steal stuff. Sorry.

They are RENAMED LUA FILES. Try to change .gcf to .lua or .txt.

You can,but you need to strip a few lines on top of the script to make it working.
There is usually a table like that holds the links of all of the additional downloaded content.