It's Lua not LUA

I’m not sure if I’m on the right subforum but anyways.
You guys might think that I’m being an ass or something, but all I’m trying to do is stop people from committing such mistake.
I’m not sure if you guys know, but Lua “was born and raised in Tecgraf, the Computer Graphics Technology Group of PUC-Rio” which is located in Brazil, my country. Lua means “Moon” in Portuguese and is not an acronym, it’s like Python.
All I ask is that people write Lua instead of LUA and that the forum admins correct the “LUA scripting” section.

Obsessive Combulsive much?

I agree, about the Lua thing, not the OCD.

Call it like you see it. So now what?

It’s capitalized everywhere on these forums because of people like you. A lot of people complained before so garry capitalized it everywhere just to piss them off.

oh no he used wrong capitalisation. Garry is a faggot for that and needs to be executed. That fucker. Nobody dares to spell LUA wrong, bitch.

Well, LUA is better than the people who go: “How do you do lau scripting?, i wanna learn lau

Really, im acually glad to hear this. I aways wrote it Lua because i thought it looked cooler :v:

Just like I was expecting.
I wasn’t crucifying anyone, I’m just saying the proper way to write Lua. Is it so hard to understand?

Is it supposed to be funny or to offend me in some way?
I’m just saying that Lua is supposed to be written in a certain just like someone’s name.
I’m trying to be polite but some of your posts look offensive in a certain way.

Lua
uLa
auL

No he’s just saying that Garry made it say LUA everywhere on the forums just to piss off people who are mentioning that it’s written “Lua”.

Rated bad spelling

Who cares about spelling LUA (LOO - AH) lewuh, Lua wrong. Go play Taco n’ banana, those retards are nerdy grammar-Nazis who banned me for capitalizing a letter in the middle of a sentence, not punctuating, and not capitalizing. Taco n’ banana players need lives, (not the nice people) the grammar nazi nerds who don’t have lives other than getting raged over someone not using good grammar. I made this guy almost cry I spelled so bad. Seriously people, its the internet, spell as many words wrong as you can (unless its a forum, forums need good grammar)

[editline]07:02AM[/editline]

[QUOTE=http://www.lua.org/about.html

[/QUOTE]

See the lua.com people don’t capitalize LUA they don’t put Lua, THEY PUT lua, NO CAPITALIZATION> HAHA IM FIRST TO MENTION AND I WIN THE ARGUMENT. LOLCAPSPAM

LOOK AT THE URL

Does it really matter that much? It’s just a scripting language, not your God.

If people say LUA you know what they’re talking about. I’m all for people getting it right but if you’re going to complain about people saying Lua wrong then to you should also be complaining about the general attention to spelling and grammar on the forums.

Number one, this seems like a pointless thread? Asking people to say Lua the right way, and to change a sub-forum? - Which probably will not happen…

Two, does it really matter that much if people say LUA - As long as the letters are the right way?

I could say nearly anything in capitals, and it would mean the same thing as it would in lower case…
People can write what they want, how they want to, not your way, because you don’t like it otherwise.

If you were referring to, say, Barack Obama, do you ever call him BARACK OBAMA?

Lua is a proper noun when used as the programming language.

Yes? That’s also a name.

If someone says lua/LUA - who cares?

It’s not important enough to start a thread about.

Yes, but :byodood:

OCD does not allow for these things

Okay, I agree with that point.