January 2021 - News - s&box

On the side I've worked on some small graphical changes that I believe benefit greatly the quality of life of the game.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/jan2021
20 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hands on this, tons of ideas for content and games. :smile:

Good write-up lads, lookin good.

4 Likes

all of this sounds great, love hearing from the team and reading about what’s being developed.

good work can’t wait to mess around with s&box in the future :smiley:

1 Like

You’ve done a really good job, it’s very promising. I can’t wait to explore all the possibilities with Source 2. :muscle:

1 Like

SO MUCH NEW STUFF!!! I love the day/night cycle and the thrusters, as well as the chat styling. I can see a lot of modders and players having their own cool custom chatboxes

2 Likes

I really respect the way FPS does their updates for currently released games and for their upcoming projects. I really love reading this and I hope we will eventually get some sort of chance to try this out.

1 Like

Solid write up, and beautiful progress. The way the sky works flashes me back to years of playing Spacebuild, and I can’t wait to bring that back

1 Like

Looks lovely, keep up the good work

2 Likes

Everything just works… and that’s amazingly strange! Can’t wait to see S&Box 2021! Keep it up, you’re doing a great job :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very good stuff. Maybe Source 2 wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

2 Likes

ADD A DYNAMIC LIGHT, PLEASE

3 Likes

That hitbox debug tool looks like a LIDAR gun!
I loved the idea of scanner sombre and I think a horror gamemode using that gun would be amazing!
Especially if the engine gets made to support VR!

2 Likes

FINALLY
POSTING EMOJIS ON #CHAT (but can I make my own custom emojis and upload them to the Workshop?)
Also, cool rideable couch :clinking_glasses: :cool:

1 Like

Incredible. I’m so incredibly hyped and can’t wait to start working with the stuff. The source 2 system is such a refresher after gmod and everything from what I can see just seem to work intuitively. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

1 Like

This is going so fast, does this mean tests might be coming in next 2-3 months?
Good job!!. :smiley:

1 Like

Looks amazing, everything is starting to look really good!

1 Like

The progress of the project is the most impressive thing I’ve seen in a very good while. Keep it up!

1 Like

This just keeps getting better and better. I am looking forward to playing around with this.

2 Likes

Exactly! I’m glad Sam has been focusing on shaders and it seems to be leading to ideas for more expansive maps.

1 Like