Java RCON Client for Rust (JRustRCON)

There are far better programs for this kind of thing already on the forum. This just happens to be the one I wrote. :smile:
Don’t trust me? Don’t use it. :quagmire:
It works on the current development branch. I only tried it on Legacy for a moment and it did not work.
Basically allows you to connnect and issue commands to the server via rcon. There is a basic user list with some
right-click menu functions (kick, ban, kickall, and owner). The other commands need to be entered through the
“Run Command” button. A list of available commands can be found with the “List Commands” button. Fancy that.

Screenies:
http://s30.postimg.org/ez7u2ttu9/screenshot_3.png
image hosting no register

http://s7.postimg.org/aq2xk9tkb/screenshot_4.png
image hosting sites

There are a few bugs that I know about already.

• Sometimes the status command does not return the current status (infrequent & trivial, usually on reconnecting)
  • The text in the output area may be ‘run together’ sometimes. The server likes to return responses in a big string with no line breaks.
  • Lack of useful error messages. I plan on adding popups to give more information about what actually went wrong.

Requires the Java 7 JRE to run.

Changelog

Version 1.1.1

You can also download this program on the Oxide Mod Forums here.

VirusTotal Scan
MD5: 7c98d787ea9aa7f907e1a939f3cde707
SHA1: d3e84fd4a05e14b6906a3ee1766f7a51b1afc649
SHA256: f3cf2fb0fba832a49c435693f82bcad4440bf8410f00c51b792cf82b3037cea4

[editline]24th November 2014[/editline]

Moved new versions to first post to keep it simple

I’d like to try it, but I’m afraid its going to harvest my passwords - sorry :\

Indeed. I have nothing better to do than troll you for your password.

[editline]24th November 2014[/editline]

Moved new version to first post for clarity

So, use fake passwords and run a wireshark in the background. If the application sends passwords (which I doubt) you’ll be able to see.

It does transmit your password. In plaintext too! :tinfoil: Just like every RCON client does since the Source Server RCON protocol doesn’t use encryption. I promise it doesn’t go anywhere but where you tell it, but if someone is eavesdropping your connection, they’ll get your password. Just like they will with any other client that uses this protocol.

New version 1.0.0

Changes in 1.0.0:

• Major internal code restructuring
  • Buttons enable/disable properly according to connection status
  • Connection status is now correctly detected, even if remote end closes connection
  • Options in GUI can now be saved to disk and loaded on startup
  • Added more color scheme options
  • Auto-Status Check checkbox removed. Behavior is now default.
  • Status check button removed. Behavior is now default.

New Version 1.1.0

Changes in 1.1.0:

• Fixed repeating disconnected text
  • Added menu for setting refresh interval
  • Added checkbox option for auto-scrolling text

[editline]28th November 2014[/editline]

New Version 1.1.1

Changes in 1.1.1:

• Finally fixed that damn repeating “Not Connected” text bug

Update on 1.2.0:
I’m currently working on version 1.2.0 which will include an ability to check a player’s ban statuses through Steam. That feature is pretty much ready to go. I’m holding back the release because I need to work on how the program handles the server responses. It seems that if you send multiple commands or a command immediately after it attempts a status update, the program gets confused on what responses go to what command and you will end up getting “disconnected” or will end up with incorrect data in the users table. So I want to get that straightened out before the next release.

EDIT: Fairly certain I jacked up the kick command in the user table in 1.1.1 too. It requires the player’s steam id and I’m giving it the player’s name which would explain why it’s not working. Sorry 'bout that one. It’ll be fixed in 1.2.0. You can always enter the command manually with “Run Command” since I flubbed it in the menu.