Java to Lua

I’m gonna learn Java next semester. After that I plan to learn Lua. Is that a good decision?

After you learn Java, Lua will be extremely easy.

Then again, if you don’t know any programming/scripting language yet, it might be a better idea to learn Lua first to get the hang of a computer language.

I’m learning C# and so far it’s pretty good.

If you can learn Java you can learn any object oriented language basically. Java has some weird little quirks that other languages don’t, I went form Java to C# and found C# easier thanks to the lack of these quirks.

Uhh the saying is that C# is Microsoft’s Java clone minus the ability to run on any OS. Lua is really quite easy, I went to Lua after C# and Java.

It could go either way mate, think of it like this:
If you go from Java to Lua, Lua will be piss easy.
If you go from Lua to Java, you will have an idea of programming.

I am sorry for your loss, where should I send the flowers.

If your brain still works after learning Java, Lua should be pretty easy. You could even learn Lua at the same time as Java and Lua wouldn’t be very hard.

Personally i find my math harder than the syntax and quirks of lua.

Lua’s best feature is the amalgamation of data structures, while it isn’t the most efficient it’s certainly vastly simpler. In Java if you want a set you have to use the Set object and so on for other data structures. With Lua you essentially just have to treat it like that structure.
Lua’s second best feature is function closiures, you can make new functions anywhere and they remember their scope. Not possible in Java without crazy interior class stuff.
The biggest difference is that in Java you constantly have to thinn about what type your data is while Lua lets you pretty much put anything anywhere.

I’m learning Java and lua right now and they can go hand in hand.Often with only changing a little bit of things you can get from Java to lua easily.

Java and LUA have complete different forms of syntax and structure; I don’t think it will benefit you significantly