Joining servers takes 10 to 30 minutes?

Well I got Gmod the exact same date the update came out (Gmod 10). Ever sense, when I try to join servers, it takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes! Even when I have everything installed that the server has. Now I thought this was normal. And one day when I was waiting for Gmod to join a server, I thought. Is there some way to make this go faster? Then I looked it up and there was no one who had the same problem as me. Was it normal? So can I speed it up?

Computer Specs:
Processor: AMD Phentom™ 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
OS Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Graphics Card: GeForce 8500 GT

Could be you having not enough bandwidth, the server having too much content to download or both.

Do you have a lot of addons?
If so, that’s it.

What servers are you joining, if your joining servers that have a shitload of addons plus a shit bandwidth connection, that’s your problem.

Remove all addons, but dont remove PHX3 and Wire, and Smartsnap (if you have that) (it should be around 30 seconds to 3 minutes) , and if you play spacebuild 3 (not 2) keep those (but it will make the load times about 2 - 5 minutes)

I would say that’s a very good loading time for a heavy game like gmod.

I mean, think of all the addons n’ crap servers and YOU have…

What part of joining a server are you having problems with?

Sending client info? Requesting server info? Downloading lua cache? etc.

It could just be a slow internet connection, or running programs in the background, but yeah GMod seams like a simple game but really it is more demanding than regular source games.

Im ALWAYS slow at sending client info. IT’s your addons, when i deleted stuff it became somewhat faster

What amazes me is that you actually waited for 30 minutes to join a server.

i need help, i need a couple of ragdolls made from art work done by my sister. i’ll make sure that the art work will be as clear as posible. if any one is intrested please e-mail at tripprules@yahoo.com.