June 2022 - News - s&box

A bunch of new clothing this month. Ranging from medieval helmets to cardboard armour! 

I think this month has been mostly behind the scenes and adjustments / fixes rather than anything too showy or flashy like previous months. Although we've gotten some fun new outfit pieces this month!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/june2022
3 Likes

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Good work, keep it up!

1 Like

The amount of issues solved this month deserves to also be recognized.

1 Like

Does the game use Direct3d or Vulkan? Hopefully it’s the latter for the best performance and cross platform ability.

1 Like

you finally care about performance, about time!

good job on the team, keep with that mindset, performance is critical

next up, server performance, faster = you save money hosting your lobby, you can do it!

i’ll come back next blog post in case things became worse

1 Like

Nice one lads, good to see VR getting so much focus on optimisation, seen quite a few games where performance isn’t great especially on slightly older systems like mine.
Can’t wait til release, will be buying once it’s out interested to see what people come up with in it.

1 Like

DX11 (moving to 12), they intentionally are only supporting Windows directly, and a taking a backseat “If it works on windows it should work with proton, else not our problem” approach with wine/proton. They don’t plan to add hacks or support other platforms at this time IIRC.

1 Like

Wasn’t vulkan? Since s&box uses Source 2 and it uses Vulkan.

Also in the s&box wiki the shaders are compiled in vulkan too.

Edit: Okay, it says later that DX11 is the only one supported

1 Like

Great to see performance getting some love. :+1:

1 Like

Another fantastic blog post!

1 Like

Amazing how much progress is being made month after month, props to all the folks at Facepunch. The editor console filters and curve editor are an awesome addition!

2 Likes

Late reply, but nice to see! I have started to give up hope, but the current state is looking fab! I hope we can see early access or at least a steam page this year, as just that would give me something to put in my wish list and never be able to afford nor run :smile:. Good work guys, looking forward to July news!

1 Like

Just realised activity is really dying on the forum, very sad.

1 Like

No, Source 2 supports Vulkan, DX11, and formerly OpenGL, they stripped out Vulkan and OpenGL support basically immediately on getting access, and Ognik as stated that the current way rendering is set up, you would get a lot of stutter with Vulkan without a specific extension that does not have uniform support on the desktop, something like pipeline caching I think it is, so DX12 is the API they are using.

1 Like

I noticed to

1 Like

im so hyped for the release

2 Likes

Looks pog

2 Likes

Soon we’ll be finally able to play s&box not in 15fps

1 Like