Just installed Source SDK, although the Sound Browser will not play sounds

Hi everyone,

I just reinstalled the Source SDK and fired up hammer so I could search for sounds using the sound browser (one of my favorite tools of the past). However, it seems like whenever I try to preview any HL2 sound (I’m using Half Life 2 for the 2009 engine), the sound will not play. No errors appear, besides the message output of hammer’s search paths.

Has this ever happened to anyone, and do you know how to fix it?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I posted too soon. The “Failed to load the default scheme file” error I was seeing whenever I started a new map should have tipped me off, even though I thought it was unrelated. The solution was to run hammer.exe from the bin folder in the Half-Life 2 folder. Go figure.

Source SDK is now deprecated and you shouldn’t use it. Each source game ships with its own set of tools (you found hl2’s tools), however I use the “UltimateConfig” which lets you import all source games you have. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187235526

Thanks for that, I had no idea (and probably would have never known using the SDK) that the Source SDK was deprecated.