There has been an issue on my server for the past few weeks. Googling the issue seems to indicate it has been an issue for some for the past few months but no fix other than a server restart seems to work.
A players FPS will start to drop to around 4-6fps as per the F2, usually near the airfield (UPDATE: to be more accurate, coordinates 0,0, see post below), and they get disconnected with due to “k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled”. When attempting to rejoin the server, one of two things happens:
- The game hangs on “Receiving Data” and can only be closed using task manager.
- You load into the game, when you press any button to wake up the game crashes to desktop.
Myself, and other players, have tried the following to fix it:
- Restarting steam
- Restarting computer
- Trying every graphics setting on the launcher
- As a preventive measure: maxing every option in the F2 menu (Black Ops 1 had an issue where the GPU wouldn’t be used, maxing everything forced the game to use it resulting in better performance. Figured it was worth a shot)
- As a preventive measure: lowering every option in the F2 menu
- Reinstalling Rust, both by deleting local content and manually deleting any files left after doing so
- Reinstalling EAC, both as a user and as “Run as administrator”
The only way that a player can rejoin is if I restart the server.
If the developers, EAC, or anyone could please look into this that would be most appreciated. Rust is a fantastic game, this issue makes playing quite aggravating.