Kane and Lynch vs. 3D Ripper DX

I’ve been trying for a while now to get 3D Ripper DX to work with Kane and Lynch (which I have on Steam) to no avail. I’ve tried all of the solutions I could find for ripping from Steam games and I’ve searched for info on whether K&L actually works with 3D Ripper DX (which apparently it does, and can be further confirmed by a big fat ass, who has used it himself on K&L with no problems).

I am running on 64bit Windows 7 but that doesn’t seem to be the problem (as using 3D Ripper on non-steam games seems to work fine) so I’m not sure what the problem is.

The main reason I want to get a resolution for this is because I want the normal maps for a couple of the models I am porting, and I also want to rip the Window Cleaner’s gear directly, instead of spending weeks searching through every single OBJ file the PRM converter extracts to find them.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

to get the textures - have you tried using texmod? Might work better.

I haven’t tried Texmod for the textures but I suppose I can, but I’d rather see if I can get 3D Ripper DX working first because it can get the textures along with the model bits I require at the same time.

alright so an update;

Applying a NoCD patch to the K&L Launcher allows 3D Ripper DX 1.5 to load up the game correctly and it shows the Ready to Capture icon. However, upon capture, it crashes after around two seconds.

3D Ripper DX versions 1.8 and 1.8.1 do not show the Ready to Capture icon (and so do not work), and Texmod does not work either.

Is this the first K&L or 2nd?

First one, I suppose. The 2nd one looks more “crappy” than the 1st.

The first.

I’m irritated you haven’t tried Texmod.

[editline]24th October 2011[/editline]

But I guess you wouldn’t get that mesh either.

I have - check above. And aye.

Who won?

K&L so far