Keep getting kicked off Rust??

I have been playing Rust fine for weeks. Now for some reason I keep getting kicked off. I can log on and get into my server, but the second I try and move my character stutters and I get sent back to server screen. If I stand still I can look around smoothly, it only happens when I try to walk. I am an admin on my server. It is a low pop server. I have tried hooking it up and giving it a wired connection. It has just started today. I haven’t changed any settings on my computer. HELP!

There’s a rubber banding problem. The cause is likely problems with the patch/server after the patch, but it’s not fully understood yet AFAIK.

Has your server been wiped recently? And did you restore from backup after the wipe?

It was wiped about a week ago. I’m not sure what you mean by backup after the wipe.

I was up in the mountain, could it be a glitch in the new rocks after their last update?

[editline]9th February 2014[/editline]

It was wiped about a week ago. I’m not sure what you mean by backup after the wipe.

I was up in the mountain, could it be a glitch in the new rocks after their last update?

You should really consider doing a full wipe (do a backup first just in case) of your server after the recent patch. However, wipes do not completely solve this problem. There are definite problems with the most recent patch, and the devs are already aware and working to fix them.

There are also some weird things happening with the rocks, so that’s a possibility.

Use admin teleport to put yourself somewhere else and see if that does anything at all to fix the issue.

I got it figured out. It was a problem with the rocks. Once I managed to get away from the rocks the problem stopped. Thank you for your help!

In future if you have full admin rights, use the command “truth.enforce false”. This may have been what was kicking you when you were having the issues with the rocks.

What does that command do?

It kicks people when they are suspected of hacking, but also randomly kicks when people get stuck in terrain etc. If turned to false, it stops this.