Keys BS

I started at 8000 something and overnight made it to 976. Since then my queue has only gone up and looks like there is no hope of it going back down. Feels real bad because I just removed 80+ of my gmod addons that had over 1000 subs each easily. So now I will probably not get a key because I am “not” a “big” content creator when I actually was a really big one with over 4000 hours with 95% of it being as a developer for multiple communities. Wish there was an actual system for developers like me who moved on from gmod, have been waiting for gmod 2, and always stayed up to date with it.

3 Likes

According to the devs of this game, ‘‘this is not Gmod 2’’.

Which I think it’s completely wrong to begin with because half the mods and maps are originally Gmod 1 material.

4 Likes

Exactly, it is literally a sandbox and the same people/person is making it the exact same way just on a better engine and more modern. They can’t fool anyone with that lets be honest lol

Getting a key was more like getting the golden ticket to Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory, Some deserved it some didn’t but at the end of the day you are lucky if you got in, It sucks but not everyone was supposed to get one

6 Likes

If the goal is to get developers involved, I think this new way of distributing keys via workshop score is the only feasible objective measurement of who should get a key.

2 Likes

If you removed shitty addons, its probably good the way it is now. Annoying enough that mod-content still gets pulled from the workshop if there are still people left who use it. Mostly just because of being tired to support it or answer comments or “toxic” communities…

So I’d say you are in a position in the queue, where you belong.

I am just shortly behind you on 1100 in the queue with a workshop score of ~63k and modded for just a year. If you can’t beat a beginner like me, I think you deserve your place. Stop crying, I don’t like people that think they are more worth than others. Just wait for it like everyone else.

1 Like

It is kinda strange how this totally isn’t GMod 2, but they look for people that made addons for GMod 1 in LUA. I never used LUA but lots of C#. That means I’m not qualified I guess.

3 Likes

This is why you don’t deserve a key, you don’t even know what you are talking about

They’re just sticking to what they know, give it time and people will start to make new things.

You clearly haven’t done any research then. It’s a simple Google to see this game is being made by the literal exact company and everything from gmod but not only that. They want developers that have workshop contribution from gmod lmao so I really do know what I am talking about.

1 Like

Hmm let me guess, you are the typical content creator on gmod that thinks everyone else’s content is shit because you didnt make it. Iiterally had content that had more than 10k subs, part of over 100 collections and helped evolve starwars rp, so nice try bud. I removed it because of how toxic gmod became I didn’t see a reason to keep developing on that so I stayed up to date with s&box all the time and been waiting to develop on this in hopes it will have a somewhat better community lmao So, so far your comment does not surprise me.

2 Likes

Yet it’s workshop score is based off of gmod. A game they said this isn’t part 2 of and nothing to do with it. Yet gmod dealt with Lua scripting and s&box is c#.

1 Like

I think that if they are going to do this based on workshop score it should take into consideration every game with hammer editor maps workshop, also I think that it should be based: on your forum engagement and Garry’s mod hours.

3 Likes

Someone who made things for gmod is far more likely to make things for sandbox than someone who hasn’t. Not a particularly difficult concept to understand.

2 Likes

damn bro dat sucks i cant relate at all

100% agree, Gmod workshop yes but other source games not? I don’t understand

2 Likes

Why? Why exclusively GMod and not all the other source games or games with workshop integration? Remember this isn’t GMod 2!

2 Likes

Stop crying, getting a key isn’t a right like free speech. People are lucky enough that they implemented a system like this. Before people had to get on their knees and suck people off for nominations AKA beg people for nominations. At least now there’s a public automated system.

4 Likes

People are lucky they get to work for free to make someone else’s game successful? I think you got it the wrong way around.
I am just here to have a good time, I don’t even want access yet. I care for the game because I liked the old source game communities and hope to find something like it here. The elitism going on here doesn’t give me much hope that the game is gonna attract the ‘right’ people.

1 Like