Khed to Tf2?

I’m kind of a modeling hobo… I resiliently got the program Khed and i found its REALLY EASY to use.

And i wanted to import tf2 models into it. and I’m not even sure what recompiling or decompileing is…

Can someone give me a idiot proof guide on how do get tf2 models into khed out of khed and in tf2?

Edit: Oh oops here’s a link to khed: http://khed.glsl.ru/index.php?page=home

Never heard of KHed, but reading up on the site, it opens SMD files. So what you need to do is get MDLDecompiler from here. It decompiles MDL files to SMD files so you can manipulate the model.

Also, it’s poor etiquette on Facepunch to post your name at the end of a post. Just a friendly heads up.

i have no idea hoe to use the MDLDecombiler.
I extracted the app to F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\perkyns\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin
I can open the program and… now what do i do…

I press the “…” button next to “choose model file”
Then it says “Extra App ID set to 211, but no steam app ID”
I press “OK” it shuts its self down…

Disable “use steam file access”.

Okay now what do i do? I used gcfscape to export “c_ambassador.mdl” it says “Unable to load model”

Simple. MDLDecompiler doesn’t decompile TF2 models. Look for the hacked version that I think is somewhere on FPSBanana.

ok got the hacked version and same error message “unable to load file”

what am I doing wrong?
I use GCFscape
I open tf2 content
I get the models im suposed to use
I put them in a file i called “TF2 Mods By Me”
I select the Mdl file in the decompiler
I tell it to put the smd in “tf2 mods by me”
I press extract
I get error…

You don’t have to do any of that. Just open the .MDL you’re trying to decompile with a programme like Notepad++ and change the part that reads “IDST0” to “IDST,” sans the quotes, obviously. Then they’ll decompile with the stock version of MDLdecompiler.

Ultimately, you don’t have to that either. If you’re working with player models, Valve included all of the SMDs and raw materials for them in the source SDK gcf.

OK ok ok I’m really lost! What is the starting step what is this first thing i need to do

I tried to open any MDL file with Notepad ++ and it pulls up a blank document?