King Tiger Porscheturm

Garry said contraptions should go here, so here you go!

A friend and I made a king tiger. It functions with ACF.

oh and since this is the gmod general and no one knows what a tank is, this is a king tiger P:

http://operatorchan.org/v/arch/src/v24337_PorscheKingTiger.jpg

[editline]6th July 2011[/editline]

garry’s words:

even though all contraptions threads were moved to the screenshots forum :rolleye:

Is it just me or is there a bunch of legs under the tank on picture #3?

How the fuck do you get ACF? The link posted on the wiki doesn’t work.

[editline]5th July 2011[/editline]

No idea where to ask that.

oh thats just a extended grousing modification of the tracks
its used on real tanks although it looks weird in gmod since the tracks are wheels

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20030580/acf_ext_2_22_11_rar

I thought I was “seeing” stuff, been awake to long… Thx for reply.

I’m really glad that I have the files now, but I have no idea how to use them. Welp. Back to square one.

This is a little sad: the community we’ve been pushed back into has no idea what the fuck is going on.

If you’re talking about me, than yeah, I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

i think it’s more that nobody appreciates the effort that goes into a tank like this. in the contraptions section everyone would think this was the bomb, but here everyone is either talking about how to get acf to work or how to obtain an adv dupe of this “AWEsoeomEMMMs SHIT that i SaW on the BBB boob build server!!! XDXDXDXD”

Pretty much sums it up. That and we get kind of covered up by… lack a better word… shit

Did the contraptions section community just disappear?

The section did. The people here right now are the fallout community. Anyway, yeah I’m afraid that about sums it up. If you guys want to put together an independent site I’m happy to help…

[editline].[/editline]
I love that tank

The King Tiger is, in my opinion, one of the best looking tanks around, and I do recognize and appreciate the effort you have put into it. I am an avid fan of armored fighting vehicles and feel like I have potential to contribute to this community if I can get this working. I apologize if I offended anyone by barging in here without commenting on your work, OP. Also, I liked the mini Tiger in the WoT thread.

Its all right, everyone’s just pretty shaken by this development.

I would think this a model if it had custom materials. In other words, fantastic work.

I agree. The angles are lovely and the proportions look perfect.

Quick, someone make some custom mats and let’s see how long it lasts in the models section :v:

could try the camouflage materials

this tank you made is…amazing but this looks more like a panzer tank to me…