L4D2 Dead Center's Hotel "The Vannah" - ported to garrysmod

L4D2 Dead Center’s First level, Hotel The Vannah, Ported finally to garrysmod
Heres the first l4d2 map i believe, to be ported to garrysmod successfully with its models and material included.
features include; Original models/materials/3d skybox/map.
DOWNLOAD MIRRORS
http://filesmelt.com/dl/L4D2_Dead_Center_Hotel1.zip
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20020853/L4D2+Dead+Center+Hotel.zip

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS
http://filesmelt.com/dl/L4D2_Dead_Center_Hotel1.zip
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20020853/L4D2+Dead+Center+Hotel.zip

bugs and other:
there is no fire in the first floor. this saves time in export, and makes map less laggy.

credits:
Bartender
Diablo1123
Steam
Valve
Left 4 Dead 2
GCFScape
Hammer Tool
Source SDK

L4D2 Dead Center’s First level, Hotel The Vannah “Clean Version” Ported finally to garrysmod
Heres clean version for anyone who wants to use it for machinima, hotel roleplay, or whatever stuff you can think of.

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS

bugs and other:
none so far but will report and fix if any comes up.

credits:
Bartender
Diablo1123
Steam
Valve
Left 4 Dead 2
GCFScape
Hammer Tool
Source SDK

Nice!

Really nice. Cant wait to play it.

Looks good. Thank for this. I love the L4D ports. Have such good lights

speaking of which. sir rastifan what are the maps available as of now?
l4d maps that are ported? can you give me a list?
i think i got riverside caves,blood harvest bridge,apartment, hospital and this only. i think there are more.

Oh yeah, this is win.

i see wireframe dead bodies… i use mount 2:doesnt work the hard way:doesnt work.
what is the problem here?

i mightve missed those, damn…
they for some reason dont show up but i hadnt gotten those wireframes before there. i guess i mustve missed a couple of those models.

hopefully ill make a fix for it, first im workin on the clean version of the map.

EDIT: if you could point out as to where it is that would be great cause for some reason, my hl2 wont see the wireframe models so i dont know where they are. so if you or anyone can point them out if they see them on their map, that would be great.

AWESOME :v:

File unavailable :frowning:

Only problem I have is that the top roofs ground and dirt is checkered, but isn’t pink and black. But I think that’s due to me not owning L4D2, but I can live with it.

ill upload it on a couple other mirrors. hope the others work

it might be. ive unfortunately havent found a fix to that but probably cause it hadnt been majorly a problem if it was just at the top. ill still see what i can do about it, i know its not a map thing its a texture thing, ill see if i can find out.

I’ve been fucking around with those maps to get them ported on Gmod for like, I don’t know, months. (I’m the one who ported a few L4D1 maps in the past). Out of curiosity, may I ask how you found a way to open them without crashing hammer? Custom decompiler?

well first off was porting the models and materials of l4d2 to garrysmod using GCFscape to get it, then this batch file to format it, cant remember where i got it.

as for the vmf, that was actually provided by another person. Diablo1123 from the steam forums. there are unfortunately, specific differences between the vmfs of l4d2 hammer and l4d1/hl2 hammer. one would be I/O protocols and a bunch of other stuff i dont really know a lot about. but yea basically, it was from diablo who provided the vmf. i am myself am attempting to port more, there are more ways im sure to port the l4d2 vmfs to work with l4d1/hl2 hammer which i will hopefully test out over the next couple months. to see if i am successful we will have to wait for.

Alright, well in any case extremely good job to you and diablo for succeeding where I failed, looking for more!

Bloody hell, I think I tried porting the same map, to no success[forget about spelling].
Nice job there :smiley: Too bad my Gmod is uninstalled.

VTXfixer is the batch file.

Well, techincally, I ported the first L4D2 map, 2019.

i suppose, as a community map so i give you props for that, but as for the l4d2 original map from the game, im the first. but i give you props to man s good work.

clean version released for anyone who wants it for machinimas, roleplay, build, or whatever other way it can be made possible for.