Let's talk about the soundtrack

I feel like some of the backstory of the map is hidden in the soundtrack. I recorded a bit of it here (sorry devs). In the clip, there are clearly people speaking, but in a language that I don’t recognize or understand. Can anyone help translate it?

These are some Russian military communication

They’re talking about a possible strike from a military Jet, I wonder where Garry ripped that from.
I know Russian … so it’s interesting.

Would you be able to give us a full translation?

Ha I heard the russian guys and thought I was going nuts. It’s really cool and I hope for the sake of the games future there is some narrative behind it.

I really hope they use sound to their advantage as well. It might be cool if the music drops completely if there is a dangerous NPC nearby.

Yes just give me some time …

Do a voice over the music in his soundcloud files, would be brilliant xD

No rush, didn’t mean to seem rude.

This is what I’ve got so far.
поднимается первая вторая и третья эскадрилья! истребители нас прикрывают, ясно!? значит так: удар наносим из засады, до разлёта на ародромы, пока они ещё дома! командирам эскадрилий поставить задачу перед лётным составом: находиться в готовности номер один! запуск моторов по зелёной ракете, пойдём поэскадрильно на разных высотах под прикрытием истрибителей. я ведущий первой эскадрильи, второй эскадрильие высота четыре тысячи метров! -не слышу ничего, не слышу, не знаю. так, кого-то из ребят я посылал - двух комбатов …

It’s very hard to understand what they’re saying at some parts because of the background music/noise
I will have to edit the clip to make sense of what they’re saying and then, I will give a proper translation.

0.06-0.10: поднимается первая вторая и третья эскадрилья! истребители нас прикрывают, ясно!?
0.12-0.17: значит так: удар наносим из засады, до разлёта на ародромы, пока они ещё дома!
0.28-0.34: командирам эскадрилий поставить задачу перед лётным составом: находиться в готовности номер один!
0.35-0.41: запуск моторов по зелёной ракете, пойдём поэскадрильно на разных высотах под прикрытием истрибителей.
0.42-0.47: я ведущий первой эскадрильи, второй эскадрильие высота четыре тысячи метров!
0.51-0.58: -не слышу ничего, не слышу, не знаю. так, кого-то из ребят я посылал - двух комбатов …
After this point it gets REALLY hard to understand what he’s saying so I will have to edit the clip.
but I’m working on it …

Writing it in Russian is all fine and dandy, but what of those of us who only speak one language? :downs:

I’m just showing that I’m doing something, I can’t do a proper translation from Russian to English when It’s hard to even understand what they’re saying, I will get the translation eventually, it will probably take me like a day or so because of the poor quality of the audio …
You could take what I said in Russian and put it in Google translate it will give you a pretty close translation.
I will get the proper translation eventually tho …
However, so far it doesn’t seem like original content, I’m pretty sure that Garry just ripped this from somewhere, so it probably has nothing to do with the plot or backstory.

Thanks for transcribing that, man.

Translation (from Google):
rises first second and third squadron! We cover the fighters, clearly!? means this: the attack does ambush before the expansion to arodromy while they are still at home! squadron commander tasked the flight crews: to be in readiness number one! launch rocket motors on the green, let’s go poeskadrilno at different altitudes under cover istribitele. I was leading the first squadron of the second squadron of four thousand meters height! -do not hear anything, do not hear, I do not know. so some of the guys I sent - the two battalion commanders

Yep thats google translate alright.

Now translate that into French, translate that from French to German then back to English and see what you get! :downs:

EDIT: In fact I did it, and to be honest it makes more sense!

Looks like they’re asking if they’re covering the fighter, and then the guy is instructing them to turn on afterburners or something once they reach a green area? Also instructing altitudes for each squadron.

Oh I see, I think they are launching an ambush on some enemy position before they deploy and advance.

Istrebitel means fighter apparently

And Eskadrilno (Eskadrila) is Squadron.

Edit

I think I got it, On the second line he’s telling them basically to be ready to perform well, and to form a squadron at different altitudes while covering the fighter jets.

“The green” could be referring to the Russian aircraft, which are typically painted green.

This soundtrack is interesting. I also had the feeling that it was some kind of hint at the events which led to the ´´apocalypse´´. Through the music piece, the voices get more and more agitated and alarmed, and at 1:50 you can hear some kind of explosion…

The music we currently use is by Atrium Carceri.

Would it then be safe to assume that the soundtrack is irrelevant to the history of the map?

It depends on how you look at it :slight_smile: