Linux Help

Well, I run Ubuntu 9.04. I installed Steam using POL, and then promptly downloaded Portal and Garry’s Mod. Unfortunately, neither works. When I open one, the screen turns black for a few seconds then turns white. After it turns white nothing responds/works. The caps lock light doesn’t even turn on. After that I have to hard shut down.

My graphics card is Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know what I can do to make it work?

I havn’t had that problem with ubuntu try wine it’s like having windows but in ubuntu I have gmod working but not portal or half life 2 or others try going onto steam then right click the game-properties then set luanch options (use these lines) -dxlevel 70 (graphics just in case (makes game less laggy) and try -autoconfig and If you have sound problems use -wavonly and use -sw -w 800 -h 600 then if your hud dissapers press esc in game then grab the window put it down so you can only see the top then drag it back up the window sould be tinted then press esc again now you have hud and crosshair I use these lines -dxlevel 70 -sw -w 800 -h 600 -autoconfig -wavonly

hopefully this helped.