Linux server crashed by vehicles...

Hi,
I’m using the native linux SRCDS (latest version) with a completely clean copy of garrysmod + CSS content using the available LINUX_131.zip containing missing binaries.
I have tried enabling debug mode (in several different variations), however I have no idea why, when a vehicle (Jeep/Airboat) is spawned, the server crashes with a segfault (around 80% of the time - inconsistent ) with the following, incredible helpful segfault.

./srcds_run: line 372: 2744 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD
(I’ve seen this posted many times before, but not for vehicle specific crashes - at least since 2010). -debug flag gives no helpful information.

I am running Centos 6 x64, and am quite disappointed with the obvious lack of support for linux. (I doubt if this problem exists in the Windows SRCDS - not to mention that the latest garrysmod server update is still missing REQUIRED binaries - fairly slack on Valve/garry’s part - whoever is at fault).
For those who have no other option that to use the native linux server, I’m sure we would greatly appreciate some more support. Even if work is being focused on GMOD 13, there should be a stable option for those with Linux VPS boxes in any case.

Anyway, I cannot see any reason why this error would be caused by a problem on my side. Fresh copies of GMOD + CSS + the (required binary files) should not result in vehicle crashes. If anyone can think of anything obvious that I have overlooked, please let me know.

If this is not going to be fixed any time soon, I hope that the linux dedicated server will be more stable by GMOD 13.

[editline]15th March 2012[/editline]

Loaded a new fresh copy of garrysmod, just to make sure (without CSS content).
Added required linux binaries from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3590255/Temp/linux-131.zip to ./orangebox/garrysmod/bin
Restart server, attempt to spawn Airboat… Segmentation Fault.
I am using Garry’s Mod server.dll Build #130 - Linux.
Second time around, I simply got the output:
Uploading dump (in-process) [proxy ‘’]
/tmp/dumps/crash_20120314112311_1.dmp
success = yes
response: CrashID=bp-89bc912d-b851-4a96-ac31-96bd42120314
gametype: sandbox.

[editline]15th March 2012[/editline]

UPDATE: Problem appears to be fixed after applying yet another missing file (vphysics.so) - I really didn’t think it would be that simple.
Whoever distributes new GMOD server updates needs to fix this, fast. It’s just slack.

http://cpgs.cpanel.net/gm/vphysics.so

There for anyone else who has this issue.

Fixed now… hopefully.

This seems to be a new bug.

You should email Garry about it!

I have the same problem, Can I know where i have to put the vophysic.so file? I try put it into bin folder but it doesn’t work.

I think there 2 bin folders. (At least on windows)

Nice :D!!! This is awsome, Never again server Crash by vehicles ^^

Her a liitle support

you must put the Vphysics.so to /home/hlds/srcds/orangebox/bin/ at linux server. then its fine :smiley: