Linux server problems and rcon.login invalid command.

Hello! I just downloaded rust dedicated server for linux and i have some problems.

1. The server console dont seem to work.
When i start the server this text appears:

Set current directory to /home/user/steamcmd/rust01
Found path: /home/user/steamcmd/rust01/RustDedicated
Mono path[0] = '/home/user/steamcmd/rust01/RustDedicated_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/user/steamcmd/rust01/RustDedicated_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/user/steamcmd/rust01/RustDedicated_Data/Mono/etc'

No console commands at https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Rust_Dedicated_Server seems to work.

2. When connected and u click ESC server info says Amsterdam II Procedural Map 223 - 500 that don’t seem to be right. Server hosted in Sweden with only me connected.
I am connected to my local server. It will shutdown when i shut it down and its my local ip I’m connected to.

3. When i try to login with rcon remote rcon.login just says invalid command.

Anyone who know anything about this? :slight_smile:

Make sure that you connect to the right port. The “Amsterdam”-thing sounds like you misspelled it.

• Problem 2 seems to be fixed. I did just search for my own server in the community tab and connect to it from there. When i connected before i did use the console and by doing that the server info did display wrong information. Maybe the info from the server i was last connected to before my own server or something.

• It seems like rcon.login was deleted from the game and you should add admins with:
    moderatorid “users steamid 64bit” “reason” in the server console. But… The server console don’t seem to work for linux. When you type a command nothing happens.

Otherwise the server runs very nice. No lag or shutdowns but only 1 player have been online so far.

Anyone know how i can get admin acces to my linux rust server? I will not use windows.

Yes, the console does not work correctly with the Linux server.

You can use an RCON client (check your package manager), or the online Rusty client at tools.bbtracker.net.

I just used the Rusty client to make myself admin with the ownerid command, and then I just use the ingame console to administrate the server.