[LINUX] [Stronghold] Database help

Hello, The gamemode I am running is Stronghold. I am having an issue with saving the content from the server. When I was running this gamemode on Windows everything worked just fine. When I bought a weapon and disconnected or even closed the server, Next time i joined i still had it all that jazz. But since I switch the gamemode over to my Linux VPS, nothing is saving and all money just goes back to $100.00 along with any guns that were bought. I’ve tried setting up a MySqloo module addon for the server but i cant see to get it to even run. I got the information about the database setup here http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1220537. If anyone might have any information to share with me to help this issue I am having it would be greatly appreciated.

• FxATomiC

“Also, I am using PHPMyadmin for the database.”

[EDIT]
After looking over the gamemode files for several days while I wait for a response, I think I am getting closer in solving my problem. I see now that I don’t need a “database” per say because it seems like it makes it’s own files that have stored data. so the data it seems like it is being stored here “/garrysmod/garrysmod/data” and then the gamemode makes 2 folder, “/stronghold/playerinfo” all within the data folder. After looking back at what is stored in Windows what should happen is that a .txt file should be created for each person who joins and then within that files consist how much money he has and what guns and equipment he has and the amount of what he had. Now for when I go over to my Linux server this is what I do. I start up the game, buy a few grenades, and the do the command “sh_forcesave”. Which should save all player data and create those .txt files I was talking about. But not on Linux. It just refuses to make those files and I have no clue why. Nothing works and this is as far as I’ve gotten. Hopefully me shedding the little bit of knowledge i have learned recently may help someone also try and figure this problem out. Thanks
[/EDIT]

Ok see the thing it the game mode saves to like all of the folders some times in game modes so you either have to stay on windows or give everyone there stuff back

Im not really sure what you mean.

All the stronghold date is in like the data folder and other folders. It’s stuck in your windows

Well there has to be away for it to work on Linux. There just has to be away. I highly doubt all Stronghold servers are running windows.

DUDE omg all the data is saved on your windows that means its all there

Erm, what you said makes absolutely no sense. How is it saved on my Windows when I have the server on Linux. Why would ALL the data be saved on MY computer when the Server is on a VPS that has no connection to my Actual computer in any way shape or form. Since you apparently know where its saved on MY Windows computer. Whats the path then?

[EDIT]
After looking over the gamemode files for several days while I wait for a response, I think I am getting closer in solving my problem. I see now that I don’t need a “database” per say because it seems like it makes it’s own files that have stored data. so the data it seems like it is being stored here “/garrysmod/garrysmod/data” and then the gamemode makes 2 folder, “/stronghold/playerinfo” all within the data folder. After looking back at what is stored in Windows what should happen is that a .txt file should be created for each person who joins and then within that files consist how much money he has and what guns and equipment he has and the amount of what he had. Now for when I go over to my Linux server this is what I do. I start up the game, buy a few grenades, and the do the command “sh_forcesave”. Which should save all player data and create those .txt files I was talking about. But not on Linux. It just refuses to make those files and I have no clue why. Nothing works and this is as far as I’ve gotten. Hopefully me shedding the little bit of knowledge i have learned recently may help someone also try and figure this problem out. Thanks
[/EDIT]

I am having the same issue. I see all of the folders you are talking about. I just cannot figure out how the files get written. Thee sh_forcesave says it saves, but it actually doesn’t. I am running Ubuntu 12.10 x86. Have you found a solution to this?

Problem has Fixed. Occupy, Send me a message and I should be able to help you out.

I have a mac what a mistake that was